Could we survive in the BSP? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could we survive in the BSP?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
It would indeed finish this club off good and proper.The historic debts just couldn't be paid off on BSP gates,no matter who was in charge.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":33dpetx7 said:
It would indeed finish this club off good and proper.The historic debts just couldn't be paid off on BSP gates,no matter who was in charge.
They could really, we'd still have enough money coming into the club to cover £200k per annum.It'd just impact on the playing budget putting us into even more of a vicious circle.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
That's another question, if we were doing very well in the BSP, how many would we get up Home Park every week?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Fergy":1j7vpqeb said:
That's another question, if we were doing very well in the BSP, how many would we get up Home Park every week?
Probably a fair bit more than we're getting now actually, history proves that we get more when we're at the top of ANY league then we get more than when we're struggling in league(s) above that league. However the fly with that as, as proved this season, that we can't be sure. We've already budgeted for bigger crowds than we're getting this season. We'd be getting ourselves into a right old mess again.

That said, I still don't think it would be by any definition the end of the club. I don't think another administration would be looming. We'd still be comfortably able to cover the £200k per annum plus essential running costs. We'd just not be able to have anything approaching the circa £2 million per season playing budget that we have this year- which isn't sustainable for these League 2 crowds let alone the realm of the unknown of the potential BSP crowds.

C

cheritonfitz

Comparing the quality of matches I see regularly at Ebbsfleet with what I get to watch at the dozen or so away matches I see Argyle play in the South and South East each season, there seems to be little to choose in quality except finishing. I saw Nick Chadwick struggle for Stockport against Ebbsfleet last year lacking pace, positional skills and energy, and was horrified to learn a month later about his return to Home Park. An Argyle team as brittle in confidence as they are at the moment, and without much clout up front, would probably end up losing at Ebbsfleet right now. Ebbsfleet is well managed at all levels, and despite having crowds averaging no more than about 800, they do the simple things well and are attractive to watch.