Coping Mechanisms | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coping Mechanisms

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I usually go out and sit straddling a wall, that makes me feel more like I'm coping :coat:

No it doesn't mean as much as it used to, if I kept going then I would have fallen off aforementioned wall years ago!!

Pasoti helps ease the pain ... and spread it round a bit!! :thumbs:

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
I have long resigned myself to the fact that we are carp so by now I am immune to a loss. and honestly don't feel anything.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argyle are a really strange club to support, in that we SHOULD be pretty good. It makes it all the more frustrating and disappointing when you’re facing relegation to League 2 or getting played off the park by a Fleetwood. If you followed Stevenage you could handle it and accept your lot in life, but with Argyle there’s always the hope that you can be a really great club...

I fell out with my significant other last weekend quite badly, because we’d made plans for the evening and when Gillingham went 3-1 up I said I was no longer in the mood. She wasn’t happy.

I wouldn’t normally care about individual games at all to that extent and really shouldn’t let it affect me, but when they’re so important it’s hard not to let it ruin your weekend.

It’s not just football, it’s civic pride, it’s personal, it’s family and it’s yet more misplaced hope.

Coping mechanism though... try and gain some perspective, do something that makes you happy, and try and get back into meditation!

Oct 14, 2015
I wouldn’t encourage this or wish it on anyone but I use to be in a right foul mood if we lost but having survived serious heart surgery complications last June I tend to be more relaxed about defeats now...

I’ve worked out what’s important to me now, my life and family and whilst Argyle remain hugely important to me it’s not worth getting to down about......

Mar 21, 2013
I really don’t get too bothered about it nowadays, as a kid I did but now in my 30s I just have too many other things to enjoy, it’s not worth getting all angry & stressed about football. I get annoyed during the event & will discuss & moan about it with friends after but that won’t last long. We could reach the premier league & become the greatest team in Europe but if the rest of your life is a bit s**t then football only goes so far. We’re all different with what we enjoy & how much of ourselves we invest in it but for me it’s just not worth the hassle to get too down about it.

Mar 23, 2019
I feel awful right now, we are on the verge of getting relegated to league f*cking two.

This is nothing short of a disaster.

Mar 21, 2013
Action Jackson":2w98ck1u said:
I feel awful right now, we are on the verge of getting relegated to league f*cking two.

This is nothing short of a disaster.
Its football, people may see that as defeatist or lacking ambition but us getting all angry or upset over it ain’t gonna change nothing. I don’t see why us being s**t at football currently should overly impact the rest of life too much. We’ve been in league 2 before, it sucks, that’s life, world keeps on moving.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":1qbf00gl said:
JannerinCardiff":1qbf00gl said:
One thing I’ve realised supporting Argyle (and I suppose would ring true for fans of lower league clubs) is when we do have good results it makes it all the sweeter! I’m extremely proud to be an Argyle fan, and show it off wherever I’m able.

When Argyle lose, like they did against Gillingham for instance I generally feel down for a bit, but then I chat to the missus who reminds me that it’s not worth getting emotional about, this helps..like a suppose just talking about feelings to a shrink.. only my missus doesn’t cost!!

She doesnt say its only a game does she? :banghead:

No she doesn’t thank goodness.. more than there’s more to be worried about than your team losing.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
There is no point getting upset about something you have no control over.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Still utterly fuming from todays game as I pull in to London. Honestly I almost crashed on the way home.

By the way, the coping mechanism of remembering this games means nothing, simply does not work.

Zoo