Concerts - First, Worst, Best, Last | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Concerts - First, Worst, Best, Last

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
First - Madness 1982 Cornwall Colleseum
Worst - The Shamen, Cornwall Colleseum
Best - Foo Fighters V Festival 2005ish
Last - Incubus, Eden Project 24 June
Next - Pet Shop Boys, Eden Project 28 June
Wish I'd seen - Beatles, Queen, Sex Pistols, ACDC

FIRST. Focus at the Guildhall, 29 Jan 1973, closely followed by Roxy Music also at the Guildhall on 24 March 1973. Both tickets were 75p each😁

BEST. The Pistols, Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers and The Clash at Woods on 21 December 1976....The Anarchy Tour...a life changing gig.
In second place....Bowie at Earls Court in July 1978.

WORST. Kings of Leon at the Pavilions. My young son and daughter were both fans so took them. Unfortunately the sound was atrocious despite moving around the venue.

LAST. Albert Lee at The Plough Arts Centre in Torrington a few weeks ago

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
First - proper gig of my own music choice, levellers at pavilions 1994. Had seen John Denver, everleys, Duane Eddie, chuck berry before that though..

Worst - can't think of many shockers. Saw Ozzy Osbourne at donnington which weren't great.

Best - easily blur at pavilions, closely followed by The Specials

Last - shed 7 at Watchet music festival. Off to see blur and pulp soon though.

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
FIRST. Focus at the Guildhall, 29 Jan 1973, closely followed by Roxy Music also at the Guildhall on 24 March 1973. Both tickets were 75p each😁

BEST. The Pistols, Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers and The Clash at Woods on 21 December 1976....The Anarchy Tour...a life changing gig.

WORST. Kings of Leon at the Pavilions. My young son and daughter were both fans so took them. Unfortunately the sound was atrocious despite moving around the venue.

Didn't know Albert Lee was still going. Great guitarist.
I think the Pavilions is an awful venue.

Reactions: Lousy Pint

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
First (ish) Fleetwood Mac at Pennycross speedway stadium... 1969? Included various others like Dr Jon etc.
Worst.. Johnny Winter at Manchester Free Trade Hall
Best.. Jethro Tull at the Guildhall or Nils Lofgrun at Marquee

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano

I was at that Focus gig, great band.
I agree with Bernie, Albert Lee is a great guitarist (see my Heads Hands and Feet entry in 10 fave songs thread). He was a regular performer at The Horns pub in Watford and may still well be.
I have also commented on the Pavilions many times. Terrible venue, awful acoustics. I think the only act I saw survive largely intact there was Bjork (brilliant).

Reactions: Chris Six Acre
Mar 22, 2020
Pretty sure Albert Lee has played at the Watermark in Ivybridge a couple of times in recent years. They don't really need to advertise much because the venue is quite small. Focus played in the Wharf Tavistock recently too.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
First and Worst was Kylie Minogue Plymouth Ritzy I was on 14 sneaked in lol say no more was just a young lad. it was the Hitman Roadshow. Snitta and Big Fun was also there.

Best Simon and Garfunkel Hyde park July 15th 2004. Wife was 9 months pregnant with our first daughter but still dragged her along. I'm a huge Paul Simon fan and he delivered a brilliant set with Art.

Last was Pearl Jam's Also Hyde Park 8th and 9th of June 2022, supported by the pixies and stereophonics l. I'm a big Pearl Jam fan I stayed in Paddington for the weekend with my best mate and watched both days. Pearl Jam were immense played most of the Ten album aswell

Wish I could see or see Rem, Sound Garden, Nirvana, Fleetwood Mac The Doors, The Beatles.

Sorry I forgot last one was Mark Morris from the Bluetones in the Junction on Mutlley Plain about 2 months ago. I'm not a fan but wife is. Unfortunately or fortunately they sold Rattlers Cider there and I got hammered. Wife was not impressed nor was my daughter who picked us up. I fell asleep in the back of her car on way home and woke up around 6am in her car. Can't say much about the show as I was to drunk.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Good thread!

First: The Cure at Cornwall Colleseum in the early 90s (92?).
Worst: Pearl Jam / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Milton Keynes Bowl in 2015 ish. The person I went with 'over indulged' so we spent the whole gig in the medical tent - missed it all apart from one BMRC song and PJ's encore (which was brilliant). Or, Soundgarden at Brixton Academy - one of my favourite bands, but something wasn't right with the sound - couldn't hear Cornell's vocals or Kim Thayil's guitar - it was just noise. Fortunately I've seen PJ and Soundgarden since, and they were both much better gigs.
Best: Audioslave at Brixton Academy in 2013 ish.
Last: Pearl Jam and Pixies in Hyde Park last year. Pretty good, but don't like Hyde Park as a venue. Not great sound, and too far away unless you buy the VIP tickets (which I didn't).
I was at the pearl Jam both days it's not a great venue but pearl Jam were good I thought.