Comparisons with the 2018/19 season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Comparisons with the 2018/19 season

Jan 11, 2016
There was a very late equaliser for Blackpool too in the 2-2 draw following the Rovers game. I don't think anyone was really too worried at the time as to how significant 2 points rather than 6 in those two games were going to be.

Reactions: Floyd Pepper
Jan 29, 2020
Anyone noticing the similarities?
Drawing 0-0 at half time, winning going into injury time, draw 2-2
View attachment 14223
View attachment 14222

Then pick up 4 points from next 7 games (currently 3 from 5)
View attachment 14224

View attachment 14225

And who do we play, at home, on the 4th May? - A team from Humberside?

View attachment 14220View attachment 14221

View attachment 14218

Lets just hope we're not reliant on a certain team from Wearside to help us out eh?

View attachment 14226
View attachment 14227
7 weeks on from this post and I am really worried it is actually going to happen again. Sunderland are going to shaft us on the last day aren't they?

Birmingham beat Huddersfield this weekend, Us and Wednesday fail to win, it then comes down to us having to better Wednesday's result on the last day (against no doubt a Sunderland youth team again)

Reactions: oldage

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
7 weeks on from this post and I am really worried it is actually going to happen again. Sunderland are going to shaft us on the last day aren't they?

Birmingham beat Huddersfield this weekend, Us and Wednesday fail to win, it then comes down to us having to better Wednesday's result on the last day (against no doubt a Sunderland youth team again)

It's in Argyle's hands. Win either of the two remaining matches & we survive.

It's not right, at least in my eyes, that we pushing a narrative that other teams might not do us favours especially if we can't even help ourselves.

If we are good enough to be in this league, then let's go out there and prove it.

Sep 3, 2009
Exactly that. If we are to remain in the Championship, we should be able to pull at least one result from the next two games.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Our players will dust themselves down & go again
Finish line is in sight & they will be desperate to put things right on Saturday
The players will certainly not expect rival teams to bail them out- they are professional enough to know they all have to be at their optimum best to ensure we take away the points from each game they play

Jul 12, 2016
Our players will dust themselves down & go again
Finish line is in sight & they will be desperate to put things right on Saturday
The players will certainly not expect rival teams to bail them out- they are professional enough to know they all have to be at their optimum best to ensure we take away the points from each game they play
Like they did against Stoke!

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton

If it makes you feel better, the Trent goes within less than a mile of Scunthorpe, and I don't think a place can be (insert river)side if there's another river much closer to it.

Thank goodness we haven't just had a really bad result against a team based near the Trent!

Sep 6, 2006

If Wednesday fail to win Saturday we just have to equal their result.

Reactions: Jon with no H
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
And we could go into the relegation zone for the first time after the penultimate game of the season, leaving it out of our hands on the last day. Another parallel.

I hate to say I told you so (I don't really...), but the signs were there as early as February.

Sep 6, 2006
And we could go into the relegation zone for the first time after the penultimate game of the season, leaving it out of our hands on the last day. Another parallel.

I hate to say I told you so (I don't really...), but the signs were there as early as February.
That would require Wednesday to beat WBA. Surely not...

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Well that cheered me right up. It's going to be a long enough week as it is.

My biggest concern is that we are playing with too much fear. The team had this thrust upon them by foster and now we're trying to fall over the line.

I've seen too many times in life (and football) where you create a self fulfilling prophecy. Do it from fear of losing, conceding and failure that is what will happen. We need to be brave, strong, positive. Sit back and be scared of losing and I fear the worst.

Reactions: StrictlyGreen

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I do feel a horrible inevitability about this, which is also years of accumulated bad experiences like 2019 talking. WHAT a relief it will be if we do stay up.

The horrible thing is that if we do go down, it's hard not to be a Same Old Argyle pessimist forever because these things do keep happening to us, and it will be justified to always expect the worst (n)

Dec 30, 2020

If the signs were only there in February it would be easier to take because by then, there wasn't a great deal could be done about it.

The signs were there in Autumn when we were playing our most winnable games and barely scraping points from them.

I thought it was telling that even Simon admitted recently that we thought we were a bit more comfortable than we were, and with hindsight our results were a bit better than our performances (particularly when taking the opposition into account).

Reflecting on, for example, the difficulty we had getting anything at home to Rotherham and Birmingham, with a man advantage, our subsequent form doesn't seem so surprising.

With a more dispassionate look at who we were getting results against and how we were playing, rather than just the league table, I feel we might have gone a bit further trying to bring in an Azaz replacement, another striker or a more experienced centre back.

Reactions: Lobster