Comparing this season to last | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Comparing this season to last

Dec 3, 2005
It feels worse, mainly because at the moment we have only 2 players injured that could improve the team: Taylor and Sawyer.

Last season we had injuries AND sendings off to pivotal players.

Sadly this squad of players are not up to League 2 standard let alone League 1

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":1b2afmob said:
There will be no Toums or Vymer this season. Even at the darkest point last year there was the occasional green shoot, there are no green shoots this year.

So defeatist.

Ladapo is a huge find.

Mar 23, 2008
Indeed Toums was a massive catalyst and ticked so many boxes. He added experience, a will to win, strength, power, positional nous, leadership, communication.......... He was such a shot in the arm and this team lack all of the above.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The only hope is that Simon Hallett bites the bullet and parts with a significant chunk of cash to sort this out. But I wouldn't blame him if he didn't, he's been left in an invidious position by the lunacy of handing Adams a 5 year contract after 4 decent months at this level, then letting him recruit a swathe of poor players.
Hallett will need to find money to
a. Give Adams his P45 (oh and BTW, when he does go, stand by for a slating of Plymouth, Plymouthians and our club that'll make Peter Swann look like an angel
b. Appoint a fire fighter of a manager on a fairly short deal where they might not be suitable in the long term
c. Tear up the contracts of 5 or 6 of Adams' naff signings
d. Allow a new manager to sign at least 2 new centre backs

Mar 8, 2016
Hallett would have also been involved with the 5 year deal Adams has been given. Let’s see what happens next month. I think a few players need the sack too though. Not picking up your man on set peices isn’t really much Adams can do about that, but he has signed these terrible players and continues to play them so he only has himself to blame if he’s back in Scotland next month trying to find another job.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Last season we already had Bradley & Threlkeld at the club.

That alone makes us worse off this season.

Mar 23, 2008
Cobi Budge":217ho6n4 said:

And Luke! You could even argue ATS to a lesser extent would be an upgrade.

May 1, 2011
Justin":3npv9ad2 said:
Bristol Rich":3npv9ad2 said:
There will be no Toums or Vymer this season. Even at the darkest point last year there was the occasional green shoot, there are no green shoots this year.

So defeatist.

Ladapo is a huge find.

Ah yes this guy you comically likended to possibly the best player in our history, one quick look at his career stats would teach you an important lesson. He is here on a free from Southend for a reason.

If he is Paul Mariner that must make Micky Evans the old Messi.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Deacster":3iere1m0 said:
Cobi Budge":3iere1m0 said:

True. At the moment I definitely think I'd prefer ATS to ASB.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Justin":il73oazj said:
Bristol Rich":il73oazj said:

So defeatist.

Ladapo is a huge find.

Totally agree with you, I think he’s a top player. Yes he misses chances but he gets into scoring positions fairly regularly and will offer more goal threat than Taylor.

Feb 23, 2008
JannerinCardiff":1imwlyvn said:
Justin":1imwlyvn said:
Bristol Rich":1imwlyvn said:

So defeatist.

Ladapo is a huge find.

Totally agree with you, I think he’s a top player. Yes he misses chances but he gets into scoring positions fairly regularly and will offer more goal threat than Taylor.

Imagine, in a fantasy world where unicorns lived and we played a different formation once in a while, a front two of Freddie and Taylor, imagine Freddie's pace and energy getting onto the end of some of those Taylor knock downs.......

Feb 23, 2008
plymouth1970":1fj8ymbd said:
Let’s face it . This season we are bottom because of a lack of quality players. Adams (in his wisdom) went for quantity, not quality, after the experience of last season, awful recruitment has put us in this position. NOTHING ELSE.

I think he went for quantity and a larger squad due to not being able to play the loan market once he'd sussed out what he needed?

I'm not sure it's fully a question of quality, but of tactics and organisation?

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Cobi Budge":qafmzyv2 said:
Deacster":qafmzyv2 said:
Cobi Budge":qafmzyv2 said:

Bring back BWP.....scoring goals for fun in the US of A.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Cobi Budge":36yluxcd said:
Deacster":36yluxcd said:
Cobi Budge":36yluxcd said:

There's nothing wrong with ASB's ability. He's a young lad who needs some direction from a commanding centre-back - calling the line and ensuring that inexperienced players like him don't go walkabout. Something we sadly lack of course.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Frank_Butcher":3uuj5var said:
Cobi Budge":3uuj5var said:
Deacster":3uuj5var said:
Cobi Budge":3uuj5var said:

There's nothing wrong with ASB's ability. He's a young lad who needs some direction from a commanding centre-back - calling the line and ensuring that inexperienced players like him don't go walkabout. Something we sadly lack of course.

I'm not saying he doesn't have the ability, I'm saying he's not what we need right now, we need shape & we need leadership, Sawyer provides both so it's a pity he's injured.