$chuey to Stoke City? | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

$chuey to Stoke City?

Will Schuey move to Stoke City?

• No

Votes: 136 29.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 203 44.1%
  • I ain't got a Scooby

Votes: 121 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Not trying to diss our own gaffer here but isn't he a bit inexperienced at top end championship level trying to push for promotion which is Stokes ambition albeit probably next season when Stoke make that push. It's a huge amount of pressure on one so new to the level. He has been managing in the championship for all but 5 months its a huge risk. If the manager up sticks we don't want to see him fail and we all know what these solid Championship clubs are like they are relentless. It's up to Schuey at the end of the day and it won't be an easy choice. If he upsticks we will have to wish him all the very best as it won't be an easy one for him.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
On the balance of probabilities that this does happen, who would people want as a replacement?

Promote from within again or look for a young and upcoming manager? Or maybe someone with championship experience to steer us over the safety line until the end of the season.

I’m not sure who we’d promote, Hughes would probably go with Schuey, he hasn’t been a coach for long. It would be an external candidate. I wouldn’t be a fan of a Warnock type appointment though, as a club we tend to think more long term.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
When a respected journalist posts that it's worrying but at the moment it's Stoke speaking to Argyle and not directly to Schumacher. Probably asking for permission to speak to Schumacher.

Schumacher has mentioned his lack of budget in press interviews over the last few months.
Record season ticket sales, sold out games, record shirt sales and record merchandise sales have all happened because of Schumacher's attacking, entertaining and winning football but he doesn't have any money for the January transfer market.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
If he does go I just pray he doesn’t take dewsnip and the recruitment team with him
That's my fear as well. They've been with him throughout his time as a manager as are as much a part of the success as Shuey himself. I can see us losing the whole lot as the "package" would surely be a lot more desirable than just the manager on his own.

Apr 30, 2011
Please don't let this be true.

I'd almost feel more annoyed than when Lowe left, at least that was (allegedly) in order to save his marriage. This would purely be about money - there is no other reason you would leave HP for Stoke City.

Grim northern poo hole tick.
Deluded and impatient supporters tick.
Likely to get the sack within 18 months tick.

Don't do this Schuey, you will regret it. I bet Lowey wishes he had not gone to Preston now, you will be in the same boat as without Messers Dewsnip and Hallett, you will not have the support and reassurances a young manager needs to succeed, especially at a club like Stoke where expectations far outstrip reality.

Jan 6, 2004
I’m not sure who we’d promote, Hughes would probably go with Schuey, he hasn’t been a coach for long. It would be an external candidate. I wouldn’t be a fan of a Warnock type appointment though, as a club we tend to think more long term.
I would say a Warnock appointment would give us the opportunity to plan long term. He can (hopefully) keep us up while we spend 6 months deciding exactly who we want rather than an emergency appointment now

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Stoke wouldn’t approach Argyle without knowing that Schuey is interested. It doesn’t really work like that. They’ll have sniffed out his intentions prior to initiating anything formal.

Reactions: Said old Green
Oct 10, 2012
When a respected journalist posts that it's worrying but at the moment it's Stoke speaking to Argyle and not directly to Schumacher. Probably asking for permission to speak to Schumacher.

Schumacher has mentioned his lack of budget in press interviews over the last few months.
Record season ticket sales, sold out games, record shirt sales and record merchandise sales have all happened because of Schumacher's attacking, entertaining and winning football but he doesn't have any money for the January transfer market.
A good way to put it. Does he feel he’s reached the highest level he can with Argyle and the budget?

Reactions: Said old Green

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Simon Hallett will not say no if Shuey is interested. No point keeping a manager against his will.
I can't imagine he would let him go for a lower compensation than he feels is appropriate. Maybe more than Stoke are willing to pay is the amount he will see as reasonable.

Jun 26, 2023
it would probably be john eustace or warnock. I would prefer eustace as he was doing okay at birmingham before being sacked.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
If I am in Schuey’s position as a family man with school age kids then a very real consideration is where he is going to base his family during those important formative years . In particular settling your kids in their teens at school, having stability becomes very important. Clearly Schuey at some point is going to work elsewhere and it is going to be several hours from Devon. Therefore as much as he reportedly loves Devon that may not be sustainable to live here and commute back whenever he gets a new job.

This decision alongside finding the right professional challenge is probably uppermost in his mind. As a father myself we have made similar calls about finding that balance between the location of the right job and right location for kids.

I really hope he stays with us as long as possible. But If and when he does move on, we as a fan base we need to understand the decision is not just about Argyle/loyalty/money etc, family is just as important. And the difference with Schuey vs other managers is he has really embraced Plymouth and life down here for nearly 5 years. He has been “all-in” and I see him as an honorary lifelong Janner.

Hurry up Stoke and appoint Carsley so we can relax and enjoy Xmas!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I would say a Warnock appointment would give us the opportunity to plan long term. He can (hopefully) keep us up while we spend 6 months deciding exactly who we want rather than an emergency appointment now

I’ve got a lot of respect for Warnock but his style is just at odds with what the club have been building in recent years, I don’t think Hallett/Parkinson/Dewsnip would go for him. I think if Schuey does go we’d be looking to poach a League 1 manager or give an opportunity to a coach from a PL club.

Jan 6, 2004
I can't imagine he would let him go for a lower compensation than he feels is appropriate. Maybe more than Stoke are willing to pay is the amount he ses as reasonable.
I agree it will all be a negotiation but if Stoke really want Schuey I dont think the compensation (which I cannot conceive will be more than a million on any view) will be a problem.

Reactions: Cobi Budge
Status
Not open for further replies.