Chisholm Demolition Starting | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chisholm Demolition Starting

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
IJN":18bl2hnj said:
I think the roof coming off will be one of the most enthralling things to see.

Indeed, but it will need to be done when there are no gales forecast! They couldn't have done it in the last few days.

B

batesy65

Argylegames":2lsadeza said:
IJN":2lsadeza said:
I think the roof coming off will be one of the most enthralling things to see.

Indeed, but it will need to be done when there are no gales forecast! They couldn't have done it in the last few days.

Looked at time lapse pics today and notice green mesh has been put up all along grandstand fencing.will not protect anybody running in to it.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Kevin_Gollop":1d2cfk5h said:

When I first started watching Argyle back in 85 I used to stand in the lower Mayfair, right next to the tunnel. In a way it's sad seeing the old girl(grandstand and lower Mayflower) go, but at the same time I know that if Argyle want to progress both on and off the pitch then we do need new facilities. I haven't said much about the Mayflower and Grandstand development, but I can't wait to see the finished article, it will bring Argyle into the 21st century, and benefit the club in a vastly improved way.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyle-sy":29tpn02u said:
Kevin_Gollop":29tpn02u said:

When I first started watching Argyle back in 85 I used to stand in the lower Mayfair, right next to the tunnel. In a way it's sad seeing the old girl(grandstand and lower Mayflower) go, but at the same time I know that if Argyle want to progress both on and off the pitch then we do need new facilities. I haven't said much about the Mayflower and Grandstand development, but I can't wait to see the finished article, it will bring Argyle into the 21st century, and benefit the club in a vastly improved way.

Yeah I remember standing behind the home dugout and exchanging views with Big Mal!! :nworthy:
So feel a bit sad to see the step that I stood on chiselled up! :cry:

But .. Pilgrims Progress!! :scarf: :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":gdbxh8dt said:
I’m sorry mate, but if anything - anything at all, had been happening inside of any significance we’d have been seeing it with the official access afforded to Steve at GoS.

This is a multimillion pound contract. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that the dozens of workers who’d normally be working on a project of this scale......aren’t there.

It’s bizarre why the club cannot be transparent about why nothing is happening. (And just to reiterate, I refer to the actual Grandstand)
I wonder what his opinion is now. Not posted for 3 weeks.

Keep up the good work, Steve (at GoS).

Mar 21, 2013
davie nine":okvl83m3 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":okvl83m3 said:
I’m sorry mate, but if anything - anything at all, had been happening inside of any significance we’d have been seeing it with the official access afforded to Steve at GoS.

This is a multimillion pound contract. It doesn’t take a genius to realise that the dozens of workers who’d normally be working on a project of this scale......aren’t there.

It’s bizarre why the club cannot be transparent about why nothing is happening. (And just to reiterate, I refer to the actual Grandstand)
I wonder what his opinion is now. Not posted for 3 weeks.

Keep up the good work, Steve (at GoS).

Maybe he’s all happy & content knowing that he was wrong & things are actually happening?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Don't_Panic":sonub2pf said:
Maybe he’s all happy & content knowing that he was wrong & things are actually happening?

Oh look - A Gloucester Old Spot just flew past the grandstand!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Doesn’t look like a busy schedule on site. I was expecting more machines/men working different areas on site.

It’s slightly reminiscent of the motorway jobs where you get a 10 mile section of contra flow With 3 men working on it.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
If you were at the game yesterday did you notice any work had been done in the Chisholm building area.?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Ottawa Green":287nwbbx said:
If you were at the game yesterday did you notice any work had been done in the Chisholm building area.?

Big pile of rubble, probably from the terrace. I assume the crusher may return to deal with that