Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don’t think he’s going to grow too much more :lol:

He’s nearly 19, not 12.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think he will start at walsall and i have every confidence in him.in lukes leaving interview he and james bittner agreed that he "could retire me" and when luke and bittner observed this he was a mere 15 years old.

Sep 25, 2010
Steve Evans":12o0zi0p said:
i think he will start at walsall and i have every confidence in him.in lukes leaving interview he and james bittner agreed that he "could retire me" and when luke and bittner observed this he was a mere 15 years old.

There will be a new keeper in before sat, and he will play

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":liq1l06z said:
Graham Evans":liq1l06z said:
Cobi Budge":liq1l06z said:
My only worry with Cooper is his height & therefore aerial dominance. It’s hard to deny that keepers are adapting and getting taller & broader in the modern game.
he's still growing

I doubt he’s going to get much bigger in the next 7 days.

:lol:

Sep 18, 2010
Kentishgreen":2cbhtvjc said:
So how tall is he?
Four foot six - in his studs.

Seriously though I would say he is 6’1 or 6’2. Not the best height for a keeper these days but if his footwork is good that shouldn’t be an issue . Pickford a perfect example of this.

I have seen Cooper play many times and he’s not ready to be our regular. Also, if he was that good, why has he not been snapped up by a bigger club yet???

Let’s get in a 20 something keeper from a premier of championship club.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we need some real experience between the sticks. Cooper sounds promising but very similar to Norwich’s situation in bringing in about keeper because there was a bit of doubt over remi being the seasons No 1.

For my Coopers not ready. Very promising but not ready for a full season in L1.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I see absolutely no reason to rush Cooper, he’s 18, Argyle fans always seem to have this trigger mentality, that a young player who is showing some promise immediately needs to be flung into the first team. Let him continue developing at whatever rate is best for him, when Adams thinks he’s ready, that’s when we’ll see him. If Adams thought Cooper was ready he wouldn’t have played Letheren ahead of him numerous times last season.

We need a first choice keeper to sign this week, and Letheren will still be the back up.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
See Adams has bigged up Cooper in the Herald. Usually a sign that an incoming player is imminent.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Even if we did go with cooper would we still require another keeper?

Difficult to bring in someone without making them first choice given that we could probably attract a decent loan signing.

My heart says go with cooper as sign sign a no name back up but me head says he’ll be replaced with experienced loan signing. The big up today slightly softens the blow q

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
ealinggreen":w1ygzb5z said:
Here is taller than Luke or Letheran.

Really?

May be wrong but I've just watched the Blackburn highlights back and he doesn't look bigger than either of them.