Bring on Freddie! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bring on Freddie!

Feb 10, 2024
There wouldn't really be any pressure on him. No-one's expecting him to come in and save us single-handedly. If he doesn't do well the criticism would be on Dewsnip, not him.

I don't think I would start him, but I do think he's shown enough in cameos this season that we should have given him a few more minutes recently. He offers something different, an element of unpredictability and a freshness. If anything, I'd say bringing him on for the last 15 minutes if desperate for the final game would be worse than starting him in terms of pressure. Because at that point people would be expecting an instant impact, whereas playing from the start he'd have more time to impact the game.

With Hull's threats out wide and their ability to counter attack though I just don't think it's the right game for him next weekend, which is why I wouldn't play him.
More cameos may of made him start hitting the net or creating goals .

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Throw the dice in a relegation decider with a 17 year old!
He doesn’t need or deserve that kind of pressure
Bring him on for the last 15 if we are desperate but better to save him for next season
Well, he may have to play in that kind of pressure as our current front line is non existent and about as threatening as a pack of koala bears.

Need to change it up - maybe Freddie & Hotdog upfront playing off each other.. anything than this tripe we have been served for 2 months.

Reactions: philevs
Jan 20, 2004
He can’t be that good if Ben Aimless gets ahead of him, despite being truly inept.

Oct 5, 2013
He can’t be that good if Ben Aimless gets ahead of him, despite being truly inept.
Yes, it would be interesting to hear the thinking behind why Waine has been selected lately ahead of Issaka.
The fact is however, that it hasn’t worked despite Waine “looking the part”.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Good point. But Waine hasn’t been effective as a striker, despite looking like he’s going to be.
Could have fooled me!
Like saying I’m a brain surgeon when I have hardly done an operation.
I didn't say he was a good striker, or a striker good enough for the Championship, but a 17-year-old winger isn't going to be a better option than a striker, which is the point I was making.

Think some people are being a bit harsh on Waine though, it was very clear to almost everyone that he should have gone out on loan in the summer to a lower level, and that we should have brought in a replacement. He could be useful next season if we do go down.

Sep 6, 2006
I didn't say he was a good striker, or a striker good enough for the Championship, but a 17-year-old winger isn't going to be a better option than a striker, which is the point I was making.

Think some people are being a bit harsh on Waine though, it was very clear to almost everyone that he should have gone out on loan in the summer to a lower level, and that we should have brought in a replacement. He could be useful next season if we do go down.
I'm not sure he's even League 1 level.