Bring on Freddie! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bring on Freddie!

Oct 5, 2013
We now know that we have to go against Hull with the intention of scoring at least one goal.
With our current goal drought and all our senior forwards seemingly out of any sort of decent form, surely we need to throw the dice and give Freddie Issaka some game time, or even a start?

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
We now know that we have to go against Hull with the intention of scoring at least one goal.
With our current goal drought and all our senior forwards seemingly out of any sort of decent form, surely we need to throw the dice and give Freddie Issaka some game time, or even a start?
Totally agree with that. He can't be worse than what's been dished up recently & he'll be hungry & enthusiastic.

Feb 10, 2024
Totally agree , give him 25 . Should have before now .

Oct 5, 2013
Throw the dice in a relegation decider with a 17 year old!
He doesn’t need or deserve that kind of pressure
Bring him on for the last 15 if we are desperate but better to save him for next season
We need someone who can score goals at the moment!
His age is irrelevant.
If he’s good enough to be on the bench he must be good enough to get some game time.

Reactions: Emu and Ganna Green
Oct 5, 2013
Freddie’s pace alone makes him worth a roll of the dice on. No one else we have can get away from a defender nowadays!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Throw the dice in a relegation decider with a 17 year old!
He doesn’t need or deserve that kind of pressure
Bring him on for the last 15 if we are desperate but better to save him for next season
There wouldn't really be any pressure on him. No-one's expecting him to come in and save us single-handedly. If he doesn't do well the criticism would be on Dewsnip, not him.

I don't think I would start him, but I do think he's shown enough in cameos this season that we should have given him a few more minutes recently. He offers something different, an element of unpredictability and a freshness. If anything, I'd say bringing him on for the last 15 minutes if desperate for the final game would be worse than starting him in terms of pressure. Because at that point people would be expecting an instant impact, whereas playing from the start he'd have more time to impact the game.

With Hull's threats out wide and their ability to counter attack though I just don't think it's the right game for him next weekend, which is why I wouldn't play him.

Feb 10, 2024
The fact it’s even being considered highlights the abject failure over the last two windows to bring in decent competition/backup for Hardie.
You can’t win anything with kids ……let’s just give up on young players then or not bother with academy lads . We let loads of good young ones go regularly for nothing as well as top pro’s who don’t get signed up on contracts for that matter .