Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Oct 24, 2010
Bit unlucky to lose really, Swindon never looked like scoring in the second half until Berry's cock-up. We didn't show much going forward so we can't really complain. Still we can take encouragement in that we have the makings of a decent team next season if we can improve going forward. Swindon are a good role model for us, they too are very strong defensively but have a bit more quality when they have the ball.

A

Anonymous

i thought we were going to do them, just before they scored.

Proud of my team today, and by God, those Swindon fans were quiet, until the last 10 minutes.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Mark Pedlar":2ofjh71a said:
10) Ref didn't really have a lot to do. One fully deserved card for Williams in the first then a soft one for Bhasera in the second. Linesman on the Arkell side in the first, Don Rogers in the second looked to the ref for decisions all the time.

11) Big, expectant home crowd. Argyle fans crammed into a corner largely apprehensive and realistic. Swindon fans got quieter as the first half went on with the Argyle support pleased with on-pitch performance. Argyle outsung the home crowd throughout until they scored. No criticsm here for the team, this was as good a performance as we've had all season - Swindon are a good Team and have won promotion by playing nice football.

Don Rogers - bleedy hell - no wonder we lost :funny: :funny: :funny:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
esmer":6ieq4c2j said:
Bit unlucky to lose really, Swindon never looked like scoring in the second half until Berry's cock-up. We didn't show much going forward so we can't really complain. Still we can take encouragement in that we have the makings of a decent team next season if we can improve going forward. Swindon are a good role model for us, they too are very strong defensively but have a bit more quality when they have the ball.

Yep, good assessment Essy and good catching up with you again today. I dont think theres too much to be ashamed about losing to a strong Swindon side although we in turn didnt create that much.

Other highlights?

1) So good to see so many Argyle staff members at the game.
2) Good turnout by Pasta members and we somehow managed to be in the same place at the same time:)
3) A green smoke bomb in the second half lifted spirits.
4) Catching up with Drew who appealed for a ticket at the same time as myself and was rewarded by the ever brilliant Gary Mc
5) Finding Vivian Pengelly sat directly in front of me and looking flustered when I shouted "Give it good head" to Maxi and Pursey
6) And next to her and not in the Directors Box were JB and his brother plus 6 children. Those men are Saints:)
7) Finding the ever resourceful LG iin the pub (shock!)
8) Seeing Lee blush like heck although forgot now why!
9) Witnessing the genorousity of the GA when it was announced Di Canio had left to return to Italy following death of his mother.
10) Hearing from a number of Swindon staff the PdiC representertives were in talks with West Ham which the GA dutifully sang to cheer the ST fans up:)

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
tonycholwell":26i98exx said:
esmer":26i98exx said:

Yep, good assessment Essy and good catching up with you again today. I dont think theres too much to be ashamed about losing to a strong Swindon side although we in turn didnt create that much.

Other highlights?

2) Good turnout by Pasta members and we somehow managed to be in the same place at the same time:)
4) Catching up with Drew who appealed for a ticket at the same time as myself and was rewarded by the ever brilliant Gary Mc
5) Finding Vivian Pengelly sat directly in front of me and looking flustered when I shouted "Give it good head" to Maxi and Pursey
6) And next to her and not in the Directors Box were JB and his brother plus 6 children. Those men are Saints:)
9) Witnessing the genorousity of the GA when it was announced Di Canio had left to return to Italy following death of his mother.
10) Hearing from a number of Swindon staff the PdiC representertives were in talks with West Ham which the GA dutifully sang to cheer the ST fans up:)
Good to see you again yesterday Tony.
As to my being in a pub...i was watching the FA Cup semi final :whistle:

May 2, 2011
Green army amazing again yesterday.Defence were brilliant apart from one silly mistake.we need an attacking midfielder.and a big centre forward who can hold up the ball and knows where the goal is.Feeney tries so hard but always up against six foot plus defenders.Overall a good performance and a great day out.the smoke bomb great idea.Policing way over the top.

Oct 18, 2011
Mostly agree with what's above. Although you could argue that if you set up to defend 90 minutes against the top team in the league then it's probably inevitable that you'll concede at some point. Having said that second half I thought we played a bit more brightly and just before they scored I thought we'd nick it. It was a soft goal to concede after we'd defended so well for 83 minutes. Slip by Berry who'd otherwise had a good game, combined with Purse allowing their attacker to shoot and I think Cole will be disappointed to have been beaten from that angle.

As had been said before we're crying out for a more mobile midfield. Wotton offered nothing but steel in the centre. Walton did ok but had his usual couple of lapses to give the ball away easily. For me bhasera is too defensive an option on the left side of midfield. Hope he reverts back to left back in place of Williams. Young had some nice touches but needs strength training in the close season.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Solid performance, well organised, hard to break down, but practically zero chance of us scoring even if we'd been playing them all week. Feeney and Macdonald worked hard, but ineffective against a solid back four. Their number 4 lapped up every high ball and generally bossed things. I've only managed to make a dozen games this season, including Stourbridge away. Recent performances have been much better but I'm a bad omen. I've yet to see us win, and we've only picked up 3 points in those games. My next game will be Cheltenham at home. Should we require a win, I will think hard about whether to go!!

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
tonycholwell":2h3pbbbk said:
esmer":2h3pbbbk said:

Other highlights?

Was nice to meet you Tony - my thanks to Gary for the ticket as well, and also to Lee and the London Greens, good to meet you guys.

May 2, 2011
I was at Bristol Rovers and we rubbish first half two goals down and looking like a big defeat.when we had to attack the second half we were different team.i would like to have seen it yesterday.we need a big target man.Steve Fletcher should have been on beginning of the secoundhalf .