Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Oct 24, 2010
Not pretty but yet again top quality defending. Offensively we need a major overhaul in the close season but if we keep this magnificent back four together we will have a real chance of competing at the right end of League 2 next season, assuming we are in League 2 (only joking, of course we will be).

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Who gives a monkey's about performance - survival is what matters as a club and now in this division. That is what we wanted in the darkest moments in August and that is what we have got.

The players knew at the end of the match that we are staying up and so did the crowd. Fantastic outpouring of relief and joy.

Walton gave his all today... the defence was superb... Larrieu made some good saves.... We are staying up!!!

Aug 2, 2011
:facepalm: Spent most of the second half like this! Great result but frankly if we had lost 3-1 we couldn't have complained.

If we stay up there will have to be some spending cause the existing team is not mid table let along promotion quality.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
esmer":hz5idy87 said:
Not pretty but yet again top quality defending. Offensively we need a major overhaul in the close season but if we keep this magnificent back four together we will have a real chance of competing at the right end of League 2 next season, assuming we are in League 2 (only joking, of course we will be).

Disagree. Williams and Berry have done well defensively but the difference between their early season form and this is down to one man - that's Purse with his command of any back four. However, both today showed positional weakness at times and their distribution going forward is simply appalling.

As I say, credit to them defensively - that's enabled them to keep the shirt and do the job as we close out the season. However, the back four needs two better full-backs - which incidentally we already have, albeit one on loan.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
First home game i've seen since Torquay and there was noticeable improvement!

1) Darren Purse is an absolute machine. Won everything in the air today and Blanchard was just as good.
2) Durrell Berry, is the most improved player i've ever seen over the course of one season. The first nine games he was atrocious, but now, brilliant.
3) Robbie Williams is the weak link at the back for me. Played alright, but he's slow and gets caught out to much. Rather Bhasera.
4) Macca and Bhasera tireless on the wings. Great effort from them both today.
5) Wotton wasn't great today IMO. Lost possession quite cheaply, passing was wasteful. If it was Walton, he'd be getting hammered.
6) Walton I thought had a solid game, his best for a while. Lot of grafting defensively, won a lot of headers and challenges. Dwelled on the ball a bit much at times, but a lack of movement up-front didn't make it for himself or Wotton to distribute.
7) Feeney & Chadders tireless, but to not much avail. Feeney won a lot of free kicks. Chadders worked hard but was poor I thought.
8) poo conditions, poor game, great defensive display.
9) Think we're safe now, but another few points would be nice!

Mar 23, 2008
As an aside i thought their no. 10 Danny Hylton was one of the technically best players ive seen at HP this season.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Strange little incident 15 before kick-off when Nancekivell called everyone training together - chat lasted less than a minute and afterwards the body language was less than good! Walton and Fletch S particularly looked unimpressed. Anyone know why ?????[/b]

CF said "We couldn't kick it, pass it, we didn't play well but I don't care. We got the result and that's the main thing'' Spot on Gaffer !!!!!!!!!.
"The lads knew it was going to be tough; winning your headers, sticking your foot out and putting your body on the line and they did that great today."

Thankyou to all the players. We are now half way out of the manhole – in the daylight – and it feels 1000 times better than the dark hole we were in. Lets now try and get all the way out rather than rely on the teams down in the black hole staying there.

Listening to Shots manager - Dean H - who is gobsmacked that they go home with no points. In fact glancing back through the table prior to the games today - this match was a ''must win'' for them to keep alive a slim hope of p/offs.

How many times this season have our fans said ''no points for hitting the post, being offside, having 99% of play, winning every first ball, .. or second ball .. or totally dominating'' Points are allocated on a simple rule of ''number of times the ball goes into the opposition net .. legally''

All happy now ???

Oldham were 8 points adrift with 3 games to go. They won all 3 and stayed up.
Birmingham - bottom by six points with six games to go. Birmingham won five of their last six, including three straight away wins and survived.

Get that fat lady back in her chair

Dec 3, 2005
OMG 3 points in the bag - but boy oh boy do we make it hard for ourselves!!

It's definately not pretty, and not for the purest or the faint hearted, but 3 points in the bag, locked away.

We had so much luck today, yes about time, the goal was a deflection, they had the ball in our net 3 times and hit the post!

Then I and many others around me were convinced that OB was booked for the second time in the game, in the 76th minute.

And we survive an almighty effort from Aldershot to hopefully take one giant leap towards safety.

Oh to watch a game when Argyle score 2 goals :)

Sep 2, 2008
Deacster":1i8anpyd said:
As an aside i thought their no. 10 Danny Hylton was one of the technically best players ive seen at HP this season.

Agreed. I thought he was their stand out player. Lovely touch, composed and good movement. I also thought Bradfords James Hanson was a quality player as well when he came on last week. Both completely different but would compliment each other perfectly. This pair would be an awesome strike force imo.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Peter Ryan":11arxpgr said:
Who gives a monkey's about performance - survival is what matters as a club and now in this division. That is what we wanted in the darkest moments in August and that is what we have got.

The players knew at the end of the match that we are staying up and so did the crowd. Fantastic outpouring of relief and joy.

Walton gave his all today... the defence was superb... Larrieu made some good saves.... We are staying up!!!
Those scenes at the end Peter were excellent.
But it will be even better after the Oxford match....mark my words :thumbs: :scarf:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
djg145":198mbqjo said:
OMG 3 points in the bag - but boy oh boy do we make it hard for ourselves!!

It's definitely not pretty, and not for the purest or the faint hearted, but 3 points in the bag, locked away.

We had so much luck today, yes about time, the goal was a deflection, they had the ball in our net 3 times and hit the post!

Then I and many others around me were convinced that OB was booked for the second time in the game, in the 76th minute.

And we survive an almighty effort from Aldershot to hopefully take one giant leap towards safety.

Oh to watch a game when Argyle score 2 goals :)
To copy a comment made in the House of Commons during the war by a female MP to Sir Winston
''Mr Prime Minister I believe you are drunk''

So - Mr djg ''I believe you are drunk''

(Sir Winstons reply is folklore ''Madam I may be drunk but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober !!'' 0) Brilliant :funny: :funny:

Dec 3, 2005
LOL no I am not drunk - I may be later today lol - it's my birthday :stout: :stout: :stout: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Agree with most of what has been said apart from some of the more subjective commments - player performances etc.

A few points -

I don't like us withdrawing when we take an early lead and have to rely upon sheer doggedness and luck to survive; OK, it worked yesterday but we could have come unstuck several times.

The result becomes a "back to the wall" mentality, little possession, poor retention and no creativity :sigh:

Squeaky bum time - again.

One huge positive - the reaction of the players and staff at the end - fantastic and so meaningful.

Walking from Home Park to The Brit showed how difficult playing conditions must have been for Argyle in the latter second half - 'orrible.

So well done to all.

Keep the Faith :scarf: