Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Nov 6, 2011
I thought the attendance was dissappointing, considering the clubs generous offer and a huge game and we still can't get 10,000! I know the weather may have put a few off, but even still.

How we won that game i'll never know, Aldershot where the better side and deserved something from the game, but nevertheless we dug in well and it was a massive 3 points for us to all but secure our league status.

Didn't enjoy that at all but will take the result. For the first 15 minutes, I thought we'd win easily and then we reverted to defending deeply and hoofing the ball up front. Would've brought on Hemmings to give us a bit of width just to change things up. Thought the ref was pretty hopeless too. The amount of cards he handed out, I was amazed one of our players wasn't sent off. Still, three points are most important and looks like we'll survive for the season.

M

Feb 6, 2012
St Ive, Cornwall
All players have good games and bad games. People slag off walton and yes he does blow hot and cold. Overall, he is a good player. And most of our players in the starting 11 are.

Only one player that I REALLY dont rate at all. Tsoumou.

Doesnt run, doesnt jump and only likes it when the ball it under his feet. However, he scored the goal that gave us 3 points against Bradford..... so maybe im being a little mean?

Nov 8, 2010
Pilgrim":1q9p7icu said:
I thought the attendance was dissappointing, considering the clubs generous offer and a huge game and we still can't get 10,000! I know the weather may have put a few off, but even still.

How we won that game i'll never know, Aldershot where the better side and deserved something from the game, but nevertheless we dug in well and it was a massive 3 points for us to all but secure our league status.

Biggest gate in League Two today (bigger than champions-elect Swindon), despite a couple of the other clubs having higher average gates than us. And I'm sure other clubs had ticket offers today too.

The sad truth is, only the hardcore element of fans show up for relegation battles in the fourth tier. If we're at the other end of the table next season, we'll comfortably break the 10k barrier on a regular basis.

Jun 28, 2006
Salisbury
Well, I'd just like to say that Argyle versus Aldershot 2011/2012 season will go down as one of the most memorable of all time for me. Fantastic stuff. One of the true Argyle Classics. Can't recall a game with as much tension. Argyle fighting for their surival against a non-stop second-half onslaught and some of the worst weather conditions you could imagine. A must win game as well. We could hardly get a kick second half but still it was great stuff. Disallowed goals and total luck at times just added to the tension. I don't care how rubbish certain players might have looked in those conditions in the second half. They gave everything and we did it. We won. Well done Carl Fletcher and all the team on this occasion. Those who were there to experience it should remember it forever. Green Arrmy......