Brief Synopsis (Lincoln) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Lincoln)

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Just watched the goals via the Sky Sports website- Lincoln's 2nd goal is the stuff of nightmares - totally unmarked & a free header- i just hope this does not become habit forming
Sickening way to lose but you just can't switch off like that else you will be punished & boy we were punished
Quite right. Working today so I couldn’t make the game. The return of Pan will help us turn things around, but he was completely at fault for the goal; lost his man and was wrong side.

Well I saw a battling performance by our central midfield, strikers and defence. Randell was excellent and I’m excited to see him progress. However we were so open and they carved through us so many times it could have been 5. Edwards and Grant were surely playing too far forward , weren’t they? Neither are blessed with lightning pace so were sitting ducks to the early ball out wide to the marauding wingers.
let’s not overreact though this game could have gone either way. On this occasion it didn’t go our way. We are not a team that will grind out results so we have to accept days like today snd move on.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I like Mayor. He is a maverick. I just think though if we are honest his final shot / cross / pass has so far let him down in an Argyle shirt.

The problem is when he is in central midfield the game can pass him by unfortunately. Don’t get me wrong he has his odd moment, but that isn’t enough for a team who goal is to eventually get promotion.
I love how Mayor doesn't even have to play to get slated 😂
Not sure which midfielder has shown themselves to have got their final shot/cross and pass flawlessly right this season?
Not really sure how today's midfield effort would have been even less productive if Mayor had played.

Reactions: Dorset Green

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I love how Mayor doesn't even have to play to get slated 😂
Not sure which midfielder has shown themselves to have got their final shot/cross and pass flawlessly right this season?
Not really sure how today's midfield effort would have been even less productive if Mayor had played.

Ive said good and bad things about him. If people want to put him on a pedal-stool then it’s up them.

There’s no doubt that there will be a moment in a game that he does something brilliant. Yet the next 2 games after, especially if the game(s) away from home, he does disappears.

Flashes of brilliance vs consistency over 90 mins. I know what l rather have.

I have often said how talented he is. What l can’t do is not be honest about his end product.

I didn’t first raise the whole Broom vs Mayor debate. I just thought as it’s been mentioned it’s worth being honest.

For what it’s worth today I thought Broom was very poor today. Since this nonsense transfer talk his form has gone downhill.

Id have both Broom and Mayor in my team. That’s how silly l think the debate is as they both offer us different things.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2009
Marquis is a very good player and I would love to have him playing for us not against us. I think we missed Hardie again today. Not a lot between the teams. 1-1 would have been fairer but football is not often fair. Midtable here we come.

Reactions: castlegreen
Dec 3, 2005
Oh Im thick because I don't have an unending fascination with Broom being some sort of genius 😘 ciao for now Alf flipping Ramsey 😂😂😉
You do have an unending fascination for Mayor - not many of your posts go without his name being mentioned.

Jun 27, 2019
Ive said good and bad things about him. If people want to put him on a pedal-stool then it’s up them.

There’s no doubt that there will be a moment in a game that he does something brilliant. Yet the next 2 games after, especially if the game(s) away from home, he does disappears.

Flashes of brilliance vs consistency over 90 mins. I know what l rather have.

I have often said how talented he is. What l can’t do is not be honest about his end product.

I didn’t first raise the whole Broom vs Mayor debate. I just thought as it’s been mentioned it’s worth being honest.

For what it’s worth today I thought Broom was very poor today. Since this nonsense transfer talk his form has gone downhill.

Id have both Broom and Mayor in my team. That’s how silly l think the debate is as they both offer us different things.
What's a pedal-stool?

• Haha
Reactions: Emu

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
What's a pedal-stool?
Noun. pedal stool (plural pedal stools) (music) A stool with vertical foot levers that attach to the pedals of a piano, organ, or similar instrument, thereby assisting children and other players who cannot reach the pedals normally