Brief Synopsis (Lincoln) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Lincoln)

Nov 2, 2004
True but Ealing Green previously stated Critchlow had a 'diabolical' game which was a ridiculous comment. Especially for a player who came 2nd in mom scores!
I don’t remember saying he was diabolical, where did I say that. I said he was clueless in his positioning which he was.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The thing I noticed (at the time as it happened) for their first goal was not simply that Edwards was so far forward but that Wilson made a surge forward to try to put pressure on a Lincoln player. From memory he pushed quite well into the Lincoln half and off the flank. It was very noticeable, especially as it happened right in front of our position and, of course, it left a huge gap down Lincoln‘s left for them to exploit. The other thing that I noticed at the time was that as soon as Scully had the ball their full/wing back was yelling at him at the top of his voice to run forward and, I think, even to lay the ball into the centre. I think he could see the whol move unfolding in front of him - the space for Scully to run into, Marquis, positioning himself for the cross etc and wanted to make sure that there was no question of doubt entering Scully‘s mind as he bombed forward. I think you can hear some of this yelling on the highlights.
That’s how I saw the 1st Lincoln goal unfold too. 👍

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The thing I noticed (at the time as it happened) for their first goal was not simply that Edwards was so far forward but that Wilson made a surge forward to try to put pressure on a Lincoln player. From memory he pushed quite well into the Lincoln half and off the flank. It was very noticeable, especially as it happened right in front of our position and, of course, it left a huge gap down Lincoln‘s left for them to exploit. The other thing that I noticed at the time was that as soon as Scully had the ball their full/wing back was yelling at him at the top of his voice to run forward and, I think, even to lay the ball into the centre. I think he could see the whol move unfolding in front of him - the space for Scully to run into, Marquis, positioning himself for the cross etc and wanted to make sure that there was no question of doubt entering Scully‘s mind as he bombed forward. I think you can hear some of this yelling on the highlights.

Or should it have been Edwards that was close to the Lincoln player rather than Wilson?

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
I think, much like last season, we started well and now teams have done their analyses and sussed out where they can hurt us, i.e. overloads behind our high wing backs. So, will we make the necessary adjustments, or like last season, keep ploughing the same furrow?

Apr 1, 2009
Disappointing that we still have a few posters who are prepared to tear apart a new signing who they have seen only once (although I suppose this is better than criticising before he's even played). I'm all for people expressing their views, but believe these should be tempered a little until the new recruit has time to settle.

Reactions: The Doctor

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I've just watched the Lincoln goal back on the highlights. I think Scully completely suckers Wilson into advancing forwards to leave a HUGE space behind him knowing that as soon as he has the ball or it is played into that space he has half the length of the pitch to run into. Unfortunately the highlights only start at the end of Wilson's forward dash so you can't see how far and how quickly he darts forwards. You can clearly hear what sounds to me like someone screaming 'ball in', 'ball in' and I am pretty sure that is the Lincoln player. At the time it really struck me how loudly and directly he was shouting - you often hear bits and pieces but this was different (bear in mind we sit in the back row so don't hear as much player talk as you would in the front rows).

By the way, Scully was really good. I've seen him mentioned in other highlights a few times. They picked him up from West Ham where he must have played alongside our very own Alfie Lewis. If Lewis is as good as Scully then I'll be very happy.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Disappointing that we still have a few posters who are prepared to tear apart a new signing who they have seen only once (although I suppose this is better than criticising before he's even played). I'm all for people expressing their views, but believe these should be tempered a little until the new recruit has time to settle.

I was one that personally wasn’t impressed with Critchlow, I think I’m allowed to have opinion of a new signings first game.

I’ve also said that it would be better to judge over more games rather than just 90mins. I don’t see what’s wrong at all with that myself - this is a forum for people to discuss opinions isn’t it?

Apr 1, 2009
I was one that personally wasn’t impressed with Critchlow, I think I’m allowed to have opinion of a new signings first game.

I’ve also said that it would be better to judge over more games rather than just 90mins. I don’t see what’s wrong at all with that myself - this is a forum for people to discuss opinions isn’t it?
Did I not say "I am all for people expressing their views" in my post above? That means that I like people to express their opinions! My post was not aimed specifically at you, not that you've read it properly, so don't really understand your reaction.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Did I not say "I am all for people expressing their views" in my post above? That means that I like people to express their opinions! My post was not aimed specifically at you, not that you've read it properly, so don't really understand your reaction.
My apologies, i thought it was meant for me, Ealinggreen and maybe others based on your first sentence where you said ‘ Disappointing that we still have a few posters who are prepared to tear apart a new signing’. I did comment that I wasn’t impressed with Critchlows performance, but also that it’s only 1 game so I’m not saying he’s a bad player merely that he didn’t impress me in his first match for us.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
You cannot make a meaningful judgement of a player after one match. Its illogical.
You cannot make a meaningful judgement of a player after one match. Its illogical.

I didn’t make a judgement of Critchlow as a player. I merely said I wasn’t impressed in his first match for us. I hope he improves and goes on to be a great player for us.

Jul 28, 2020
It was incredible how far forward our wing-backs were in this game.
From looking at the highlights for our goal Grant is in the six yard box and for Lincoln's first goal Edwards is our second furthest forward player trying to close down so high up the pitch.

It's a risk and reward style of football and is great when it comes off but looks naive when it goes wrong, especially when winning and no need to be so gung-ho.
3-5-2 is a style of football which will work well with a “ no matter how many goals you score- we’ll always score one more”

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
I didn’t make a judgement of Critchlow as a player. I merely said I wasn’t impressed in his first match for us. I hope he improves and goes on to be a gr

I didn’t make a judgement of Critchlow as a player. I merely said I wasn’t impressed in his first match for us. I hope he improves and goes on to be a great player for us.
Was not aiming at anyone in particular mate - its the general "feel" of this thread that people are piling in on a guy whos played less than 90 minutes.