Brief Synopsis!!! (Bristol Rovers) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bristol Rovers)

Feb 2, 2007
We were lucky to get both pens I thought at the time and just seen them on Sky. Makasi is flying through the air as he stretches for the ball and the Songo’o one had contact but it didn’t look deliberate or that sinister.

We are getting the rub of the green that went missing in September and October though.

Feb 2, 2007
Voice_of_Reason":2amdbog5 said:
On today's showing I would be very surprised if Vyner doesn't cut it at the top level. Has all the attributes to go a very long way.

He’s soooo Curtis.

Mar 23, 2008
Voice_of_Reason":ng2coxee said:
On today's showing I would be very surprised if Vyner doesn't cut it at the top level. Has all the attributes to go a very long way.
Absolutely, got the lot and a leader to boot. He will be in the championship at the very least and reckon he will pay in the prem also

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Deacster":107on38g said:
Voice_of_Reason":107on38g said:
Absolutely, got the lot and a leader to boot. He will be in the championship at the very least and reckon he will pay in the prem also

With us!

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":ska4qtc7 said:
IJN":ska4qtc7 said:
No one's mentioned it but I will.

The wind at pitch level was really wild today, no surprise that we played not that well in the first half and far far better in the second.

A lot of the players mentioned it afterwards.

Same for both teams though Ian

Obviously. But affected differently depending on which direction playing. That was the point.

Heathrow Green":2hc0u9lg said:
arrythewurzel":2hc0u9lg said:
So many heart in mouth moments. Lows andhighs. Penalties. Penalty misses. Comedy keeping. 5 goals. Adams on pitch at the end waving at the Rovers fans. That was tough on the nerves. What a game. Going for a lie down ....

Lie down? Try several pints instead. It soothes the nerves faster. :greensmile:

I had a few tranquilizers at the Fortesque :stout: :stout

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Zak will play Premier league i'm sure. I hope with City, but he'll make it to the top one way or tother.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mark Pedlar":2h8f0q1k said:
IJN":2h8f0q1k said:
No one's mentioned it but I will.

The wind at pitch level was really wild today, no surprise that we played not that well in the first half and far far better in the second.

A lot of the players mentioned it afterwards.

Same for both teams though Ian

That's why I think they won the first half and us the second.

:thumbup:

Oct 31, 2015
nick_PASTIE":2io25zdj said:
We were lucky to get both pens I thought at the time and just seen them on Sky. Makasi is flying through the air as he stretches for the ball and the Songo’o one had contact but it didn’t look deliberate or that sinister.

We are getting the rub of the green that went missing in September and October though.

Both in front of me. 1st was a dive which we see week in week out and is a terrible part of the game. The second was a proper face plant. Not sure what their player was doing to be honest

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
I don't know where these half time boos were meant to come from. I didn't hear any and if anyone was booing they must be first rate imbeciles after the ride this team has given us.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I think we scored the right penalty in more ways than one.

I didn't think the first was a penalty, Makasaki was looking for the contact and appeared to go down before contact was made. Missing the penalty felt like a fair outcome in that sense.

The second was a full hand to the face and what appeared to be an eye gouge; intended or not you can't swing your arms back like that and not expect to catch someone in the face. The penalty was rightfully awarded and deservedly scored.

Missing the first penalty was frustrating but not the end of the world as we had the momentum and plenty of time still to use it. The second was so late in the game it gave Rovers little time to respond, in that sense we scored the more pivotal of the two penalties.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
ping_g5":2vwb2vsl said:
would just like to clear up one thing. was sat in block 5 and I know I speak for everyone around me when I say the first one was never a penalty.
Agreed - also in block 5 and it was right in front of me. Makasi took a dive and when the ref blew I thought it was to show a yellow for simulation so very surprised when he pointed to the spot. But I'll take it all day long.

More examples today of argyles tremendous spirit. Twice coming from behind to eventually win this westcountry thriller.
A massive 13k crowd meant there were no spare seats to be found around me for a change. Knowhere to lounge around unfortunately,
so compressed kneecaps and a stiff back were the order of the day. A biting north easterly blowing snow in under the roof adding
to a miserably cold pre game experience. Never mind boy, kick offs coming and youll soon warm up i thought.
Sure enough a cracking end to end encounter ensued with both teams similar in style and attitude. Both wanting to play out when possible.
Both also pressing high at times so plenty of errors on the ball making it a tight and nervy game.
Rovers had a lot more pace up front than us with harrison, bennett and their rasputin looking no24 caused us no end of problems with it.
Especially poor old remi who kept on getting his clearances charged down by these onrushing "usain bolt" gasheads.
One such moment led to him chasing the ball out onto our right flank and ended up with him hacking down an opponent to retrieve the
situation. Quite comical watching it unfold but seriously some much quicker kicking practice for remi on monday i would predict.
First half started scrappily with rovers earning a FK on the edge of our area. Our wall covering the near post and remi the far post as is usual.
So a well struck right footed low shot from them then flew inside our far post, so possibly remi at fault? I was not in a good position to
be sure tbh.
Whatever its 0-1 and the Rover fans now roaring away with the green army silenced.
We were struggling to get our normal passing game going. We needed some TLC and sure enough the cavalry duly arrived.
GC10 putting an inswinging cross right onto nessies forehead. A quick glance and its beyond the rovers keeper. 1-1.
Green army now roaring with the gas switched off. Lovely jubbly i thought. Time to push on now.
Pacey rovers had other ideas though and a simple ball went over the top for harrison to run onto. Yanner went with him and instead
of staying on his feet and holding him up away from goal, he tried to contest possession with no covering teammate. So after losing the
challenge he ended up on his arris looking on as harrison drove home under remi from an angle. 1-2. The Gas now switched back on again and
the green army aghast but i thought that there wasnt that much between us in that first half tbh. We obviously missed sonny and sarce but foxy
and nessie were still putting in strong performances in our key centre mid area.
Second half and we upped our tempo thereby disturbing their play more, bringing us much more into it. Young newbie moses was tripped
in the box following a nice flowing move. Another newbie, this time assigned for pens. Ruebs stepped up and though stiking the ball well their
keeper made a fantastic diving save away to his left. Groans from the green army.
Seconds later though argyle played there way back into an attacking position on the left and nessie walloped in a left
footed drive that pingponged, literally, off a gashead and then the near post, flashing across goal to finish up just inside the far post.
All in the a blink of an eye. Home park erupts. My Stiff back and sore kneecaps now bouncing around but pain not an issue anymore.
"Get in there you *******" the perfect pain relief. 2-2.
Nessie(MOM)s 2 goals summed up his performance today. He seemed to be wherever the action was. Outstanding performance again from jamie.
The argyle boys were well up for it now chasing and harrying with the green army in full voice.
Could we get a winner? Course we could and it was good old yanner. Making up for his earlier error. Fiercely competetive, as ever,
forcing a foul from a defender as he tried to get on the end of a far post corner. One of many corners we created through pressure
and good passing football in that second half.
Who would take the pen after ruebs failure? That was the question.
Right in front of his adoring demport. Just had to be the man. Yep GC10 it was smacking it in sending the keeper the wrong way. 3-2.
Home park bedlam again. "We got carey" etc etc etc. Just about the loudest ive heard i reckon.
Heard it being sung and hummed outside afterwards too.
DA did his usual ATS for ruebs substitution to tighten us up as rovers turned the gas up on our defence.
A few shaky moments followed as rovers threw their sink and gas cooker, whatever, at us but we held on for a really big win.
Thought our defence was overall a bit shaky today especially on our left. Though tbf i thought rovers looked a decent team going forward.
I hope sonny returns soon as today showed how much we miss him through his defending, aerial threat and in how we play out from
the back. As thats when we are at our best imho. Oscar and zakatak were both very good at all this on our right hand side.
I thought young moses grew into the game and maybe he can fill in for sarce in his CM role despite his inexperience? He did look
pretty good on the ball at times linking well with the other 2 CMs.
TLC not quite so effective today but still always capable of, when required, to produce assists and goals. GC10 assist and goal today
for example.
So a crucial win and an entertaining action packed game to keep us all warm.
Thanks again to all these current argyle boys for all their effort. Much appreciated as always.
Well done the green army and gasheads on a great atmosphere too. :scarf:

Dec 3, 2005
FourMarksGreen":225qp5ck said:
ping_g5":225qp5ck said:
would just like to clear up one thing. was sat in block 5 and I know I speak for everyone around me when I say the first one was never a penalty.
Agreed - also in block 5 and it was right in front of me. Makasi took a dive and when the ref blew I thought it was to show a yellow for simulation so very surprised when he pointed to the spot. But I'll take it all day long.

Better not winge the next time an opponent takes a dive and wins a penalty. :)

We won that is the main thing - not a very good performance, especially by Matthews and Songo, dreaded it when either went near the ball. Why all this messing around with Matthews today - not sure what he had for breakfast.

Ness definately the MOTM, why Carey always seems to get it from the sponsers is annoying.

If you were a neutral it may have been a great match to watch, and WHY did Lee Cooper let Blair pull the first ticket out, bad move Lee, sure you would have picked mine out £900 would have been very nice. Never hear of anyone winning it.

3pts in the bag onwards and hopefully upwards and pull away from that team in 7th spot :)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Wow! What a rip-roaring game you couldn't take your eyes off. It could have gone either way and neither could have complained win of lose. This is why we love the game, why we put up with all the crap and the frustration that is the norm because from time to time games like these & times like these come along. Forget all the scripted & choreographed stuff at the movies or theatre this is REAL drama. Moments of great skill and stupidity that are entirely unpredictable that make for fabulous entertainment.

Both sides really went for it. Argyle look good playing neat passing football, and there was some lovely little flicks & touches between the trinity of Taylor-Carey-Lameiras that sometimes came off & sometimes didn't but it was the superbly efficient Ness that really caught the eye regaining possession, breaking up Rovers' attacks and releasing our front men. His goals a fantastic bonus to a great all round performance. But Songo & Mathews looked like accidents waiting to happen. How can thousands see their errors happening as if in slow motion but they just do it anyway? A split second misjudgement I can handle but Bloody Hell......Songo and Mathews :facepalm: ...... Never mind, both are committed to the cause and made up for what could have been fatal errors later in the game and huge credit to the spirit in the team that they took the set-backs and errors on the chin and went for it again.

Rovers were good.... and poor at times. We were good......and poor at times. Both served up a fantastic afternoon's entertainment.

Loved it...... this is why I go..... :clap: