Brentwallet - Slimmer or Bulging?? | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brentwallet - Slimmer or Bulging??

Feb 8, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":omkiq9xc said:
jimsing":omkiq9xc said:
Lundan Cabbie":omkiq9xc said:
jimsing":omkiq9xc said:
Of course, for every (old) first division team that has gone to the dogs, there are those that HAVE made it into the Prem (Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Swansea, names you wouldn't have associated with the top division in English football in the past), but I imagine we all want to see our football club in the Prem, even for just a single season, or would it be to see the likes of the opposition instead. We are miles away from any Premiership Club, and the support would come out of the woodwork.

That's a bit unfair on Huddersfield. If we are talking history then they have been in the top flight of English football for 31 seasons of their 97 in the league. They've even won it three times!

I agree, LC, but i was talking about more recently than that!

Fair do's

As for being miles from the nearest Premier League club. That doesn't matter a hoot. When clubs reach the Prem, support comes out of the woodwork even if there are other top teams close by.

Yes, but would we be able to cope? Season ticket sales would soon sell out. Corporate would be sold out. Pasties would be sold out. The Black Market would go mad.

Mind you, with the tv money I don't suppose attendances would matter much.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
jimsing":136ejk1m said:
Lundan Cabbie":136ejk1m said:
Lundan Cabbie":136ejk1m said:
Of course, for every (old) first division team that has gone to the dogs, there are those that HAVE made it into the Prem (Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Swansea, names you wouldn't have associated with the top division in English football in the past), but I imagine we all want to see our football club in the Prem, even for just a single season, or would it be to see the likes of the opposition instead. We are miles away from any Premiership Club, and the support would come out of the woodwork.

That's a bit unfair on Huddersfield. If we are talking history then they have been in the top flight of English football for 31 seasons of their 97 in the league. They've even won it three times!

Fair do's

As for being miles from the nearest Premier League club. That doesn't matter a hoot. When clubs reach the Prem, support comes out of the woodwork even if there are other top teams close by.

Yes, but would we be able to cope? Season ticket sales would soon sell out. Corporate would be sold out. Pasties would be sold out. The Black Market would go mad.

I definitely consider the security wallahs who try to police/shepherd/corral the visiting spectators will be unable to cope!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":116nnr6e said:
jimsing":116nnr6e said:
Lundan Cabbie":116nnr6e said:
Lundan Cabbie":116nnr6e said:

Fair do's

I definitely consider the security wallahs who try to police/shepherd/corral the visiting spectators will be unable to cope!

Well one thing is for sure, the old D&C will go way over the top.

As for the rest, the number season tickets will have to be capped, a limit set for away supporters and there will be little or no chance of people deciding to go at the last minute. That's the worst of the Premier League. Every game you want to go to, you have to plan well in advance.

The first job on promotion will be the TV gantry must be extended and must be permanently wired and equipped and be ready for the first game. There can be no putting it off. It's a condition of entry to the PL. Money might no longer be a problem but the cash doesn't roll in immediately. This is up front expenditure and is money that could be used in squad strengthening. At least the condition of Home Park being equipped with undersoil heating doesn't kick in until your second season.