Brentwallet - Slimmer or Bulging?? | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brentwallet - Slimmer or Bulging??

Lundan Cabbie

âšȘ Pasoti Visitor âšȘ
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jimsing":3m7sgg9s said:
Of course, for every (old) first division team that has gone to the dogs, there are those that HAVE made it into the Prem (Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Swansea, names you wouldn't have associated with the top division in English football in the past), but I imagine we all want to see our football club in the Prem, even for just a single season, or would it be to see the likes of the opposition instead. We are miles away from any Premiership Club, and the support would come out of the woodwork.

That's a bit unfair on Huddersfield. If we are talking history then they have been in the top flight of English football for 31 seasons of their 97 in the league. They've even won it three times!

Feb 8, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":3by4v4ww said:
jimsing":3by4v4ww said:
Of course, for every (old) first division team that has gone to the dogs, there are those that HAVE made it into the Prem (Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Swansea, names you wouldn't have associated with the top division in English football in the past), but I imagine we all want to see our football club in the Prem, even for just a single season, or would it be to see the likes of the opposition instead. We are miles away from any Premiership Club, and the support would come out of the woodwork.

That's a bit unfair on Huddersfield. If we are talking history then they have been in the top flight of English football for 31 seasons of their 97 in the league. They've even won it three times!

I agree, LC, but i was talking about more recently than that!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Andy Holland":1qdelf79 said:
IJN":1qdelf79 said:
Us doing so well is really getting to you isn’t it?

Give it up ‘Loyal’.

Most of us are very happy as to where we are.

What a mean and petty comment :thumbdown:

I'm absolute certain he supports Argyle just as much as any of us and is delighted we've picked up so much lately. Those are well argued, well written and passionate posts and just because you don't agree with some of his views [I certainly don't], it doesn't mean you have to be an arse about it.

Can't see it myself.

EVERY post of his is about 'politics's of PAFC. Never about football.

Still it takes all sorts. I'm not sure if he is a fan though, maybe of his own voice!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":2ou0fkbx said:
Andy Holland":2ou0fkbx said:
IJN":2ou0fkbx said:
Us doing so well is really getting to you isn’t it?

Give it up ‘Loyal’.

Most of us are very happy as to where we are.

What a mean and petty comment :thumbdown:

I'm absolute certain he supports Argyle just as much as any of us and is delighted we've picked up so much lately. Those are well argued, well written and passionate posts and just because you don't agree with some of his views [I certainly don't], it doesn't mean you have to be an arse about it.

Can't see it myself.

EVERY post of his is about 'politics's of PAFC. Never about football.

Still it takes all sorts. I'm not sure if he is a fan though, maybe of his own voice!

I know you're desperately trying to goad a reaction, so I'll give you just this one, Ian.

As it goes, I was going to Argyle matches (home and away) while you were preferring to munch prawn sandwiches at Old Trafford.

Old habits die hard, I guess. :thumbs:

Lundan Cabbie

âšȘ Pasoti Visitor âšȘ
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jimsing":19i1nygg said:
Lundan Cabbie":19i1nygg said:
jimsing":19i1nygg said:

I agree, LC, but i was talking about more recently than that!

Fair do's

As for being miles from the nearest Premier League club. That doesn't matter a hoot. When clubs reach the Prem, support comes out of the woodwork even if there are other top teams close by.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":16utkdnc said:
As it goes, I was going to Argyle matches (home and away) while you were preferring to munch prawn sandwiches at Old Trafford.

Old habits die hard, I guess. :thumbs:

Past tense I notice. :wave:

Oh well.

As for Old Trafford, club corporate tickets entertaining customers, it had to be done. Still managed to get in about 15 Argyle away games per season though.

You still going?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
At least I have you talking football.

Come on then, when was your last Argyle match? Liverpool? Arsenal?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

PlymOdi":z6kbhar6 said:
"I'm a better fan than you are" contests. I've missed these.

Sad innit.

My fault for indulging Ian for 5 minutes.

Naughty Loyal.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Shame you didn't answer the question though.

Still, nothing new there.

I would add that I too take the constant sniping by a non attending ex fan as trolling.

Nothing to do with 'who is the bigger fan' nonsense.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In what way? I attend, I see my team play, and I pay my way. So what's your point Fergy?

Jan 27, 2012
Two immediate priorities for the budget....

1. Try to keep Taylor at the club.
2. Offer Carey an extended deal (he will only have a year left in the summer and could be off in January ).

.... and try and do this now rather than waiting until the end of the season.