BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE - ANOTHER TWIST | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE - ANOTHER TWIST

Mar 21, 2008
The football league seem far from satisfied as it stands, the fact is we don't know why, what are the 'number of issues' needing to be resolved, far too much has been made of Heaneys/BIL money and not enough efforts have gone into uncovering the FL concerns, whether they're potentially fatal for BIL and prevent the purchase of the club with Heaney involved, or whether they simply revolve around settling agreements with secured creditors before getting the 'all-clear'.

It could be that the future of this club is dependent on how gullible they are to the wool being pulled over their eyes.

A

Anonymous

Lord Tisdale":2kyc80k1 said:
Joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle said: “Bishop International Limited have categorically confirmed that they will be in a position to complete the sale by no later than close of business next Tuesday August 16. We understand that the only significant issue to overcome in order to complete the deal is for Peter Ridsdale to agree the share transfer with Football League. We have given Peter until next Friday in order to do this.”

Assuming BIL come up with the money, what are the exact issues relating to the football league share? It's been speculated upon but no one has come up with the definitive answer.

The boys in the Contingency Meeting with Ridsdale today must have the answer? Are they able to say? Ridsdale has had weeks and weeks to contemplate this and has had a couple of meetings with the FL, so surely he must know by now whether the FL requirements can be fulfilled or not?

On Tuesday night Peter Ridsdale was confident of Football League approval. When we met him this morning he had not had a formal communication from the Football League Board as to what their concerns were. One might assume that if they were insurmountable then Guilfoyle would not have extended his deadline for the completion of the Sale and Purchase Agreement

If there is is one consolation in Guilfoyle's latest statement on this stomach churning day there is no reference to liquidation if either of the two timescales are not met. Equally, there is no reference to the consideration of other alternatives such as the Contingency Plan. If there is one message we must get out of tomorrow's meeting is that Guilfoyle (or his Managing Partner) must grant a reasonable period of time for a Contingency Plan to be formally confirmed as the new Preferred Bidder.

With the next liability for the P and A Partnership of staff and player wages due on 14th September that would give something under four weeks for James Brent, PCC, the staff, the players and the supporters to save the club and put it on a stable and sustainable footing. It will not be easy and there may have to be difficult compromises to achieve it but no-one can convince me that it cannot be done. After the sacrifices the staff and players have made and the magnificent fund raising by the supporters we deserve the chance - nothing less.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Chris Webb":1iie3bbe said:
Things are getting very tense.

TOMORROW IS MASSIVE!

1130, Plymouth Pavilions.

Bishop International Limited have today (August 12) assured administrators for Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited (in administration) that they will complete the purchase of the club next week.

Joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle said: “Bishop International Limited have categorically confirmed that they will be in a position to complete the sale by no later than close of business next Tuesday August 16. We understand that the only significant issue to overcome in order to complete the deal is for Peter Ridsdale to agree the share transfer with Football League. We have given Peter until to do this.”

The announcement follows an agreement by staff and players to waive a claim against the administrators in respect of their August wages. Brendan Guilfoyle said: “I would like to thank the staff, players and the Professional Footballers’ Association for this decision which now enables the administrators to extend the deadline for completing the sale of the club.

“We are assured by Bishop International Limited that they can complete the deal in the new timeframe.”

Ends

Just thought we could all be reminded about what Brendan assured us of on Saturday.

As it is almost the close of business on Tuesday, one assumes he now knows (or will do very, very shortly) whether BIL have remained true to the agreement.

Are they now in a position to complete (if / when the FL were to grant approval)? Are the FL now the only ones preventing the deal going through?

Does anyone know if BG will be issuing a statement this evening? In my opinion he really should, failure to do so would be quite telling.

I am well aware that there are plenty of people on here who are 'relaxed' about things and quite prepared to let things take their course. I'm happy to admit I'm not one of them. I'm absolutely sick of the missed deadlines, carefully worded statments and constant ambiguity about our future.

Brendan Guilfoyle, stop being so incredibly weak (which is the nicest way to describe your actions of late).

Dec 3, 2005
BG as been CONSTANTLY ASSURED by BIL that the money will be here on Tuesday - oh that's today!!!!

Being constantly assured is one thing, but does BG actually believe it??