Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

Mar 23, 2008
Kentishgreen":1486v73a said:
What a lovely sounding chap!
Don't believe all you read here, many claim to be 'in the know' but very, very few are. How many times did we hear Carey was off last summer?

Aug 5, 2015
I don’t believe much on hear so why hasn’t he re-signed given the comments he made earlier in the year?The pessimist in me says that as Luton were prepared to pay cash for him in January and now he’s free how much of that money will now be used as a sign-on fee? I don’t think we can do anything about that, nor would we wish to do so.

Jan 27, 2012
Cult Of Personality":s1fod9d8 said:
Not the end of the world if Bradley goes. Whilst good in the air he lacks pace and when someone who has speed and can turn quicker plays against him he is in trouble. There are much better players out there

Bradley has shown himself to be a good player at League One level, so he would be a big loss.

If he goes to another League One club of equivalent size to Argyle, I'd be very disappointed and like to know why he couldn't be retained. Having said that, if one of the clubs that have dropped out of the Championship sign him for silly money then Argyle shouldn't try to compete in terms of wages. I'd rather the bigger wages were spent on better offensive players as the quality of the Argyle attacking options needs strengthening in my view- apart from Carey and Taylor we have League Two standard players. Defenders are a bit easier to replace I always think.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
The-Pilgrim":zpx603bk said:
Just read on Twitter that apparently he's close to signing for Southend.

A Shrimpers fan's Twitter account by any chance?
Why the hell would he sign for them (wages apart?)?
All the talk has been that he would apparently like to move North!
I could see a Luton move if they use the transfer fee they were willing to pay as a sweetener.
We'll see. If he goes then good luck to him but he's not irreplaceable.

May 8, 2011
gaspargomez":n1gy5nz9 said:
Cult Of Personality":n1gy5nz9 said:
Not the end of the world if Bradley goes. Whilst good in the air he lacks pace and when someone who has speed and can turn quicker plays against him he is in trouble. There are much better players out there

Bradley has shown himself to be a good player at League One level, so he would be a big loss.

If he goes to another League One club of equivalent size to Argyle, I'd be very disappointed and like to know why he couldn't be retained. Having said that, if one of the clubs that have dropped out of the Championship sign him for silly money then Argyle shouldn't try to compete in terms of wages. I'd rather the bigger wages were spent on better offensive players as the quality of the Argyle attacking options needs strengthening in my view- apart from Carey and Taylor we have League Two standard players. Defenders are a bit easier to replace I always think.

The reason isn’t difficult , it is that Adams doesn’t value Bradley as much as Bradley thinks he is worth so his ego has taken a bit of a hit, probably along with the knowledge that Adams values Taylor and Sarcevic as more important to him.

Apr 5, 2008
gaspargomez":kmmyydc0 said:
Cult Of Personality":kmmyydc0 said:

We finished in 7 th place yet you say apart from two players the rest are league two standard ?

What an insult to all the players and all the hard work they put in through the season.

Doesn't say much for the rest of the teams in the league either who finished below Argyle

Your nothing but an utter...

Aug 5, 2016
999mattyg":3szmec1o said:
The-Pilgrim":3szmec1o said:

I could see a Luton move if they use the transfer fee they were willing to pay as a sweetener.

Wages apart? That is the absolute crux of the contract offer along with the years offered. If we are offering Bradley £1500 a week and Morecambe offer £2,000, he'll more than likely go there. It doesn't matter how big the club is, Diagouraga had no problem moving to Fleetwood to pick up that extra cash.

Curtis Nelson left Argyle for Oxford too. Not necessarily a bigger club but clearly one who rated him highly enough to pay him what we couldn't.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
999mattyg":2ft71i8z said:
The-Pilgrim":2ft71i8z said:

https://twitter.com/rob_news_now/status/1003943068905738241

From someone who works for BT Sport.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I like Sonny he is a real threat at set pieces and good in the air at the back but he is not the quickest and positionally at times I think he is suspect, getting the wrong side of strikers and losing his man in the box. I think that's true of a lot of lower league Centre halves but the higher up you go the more often you get punished because inevitably the strikers are better.

Graham Coughlin was an example of this great at lower level but exposed in the Championship. As I say I like him but we have Ryan Edwards who I think is going to be a better player and we need a pacey Centre back to cover the likes of Sonny or Ryan who like to dominate and attack the ball.

Jul 3, 2013
Bradley is crap at passing, average at tackling and excellent in the air, just what you need for league 2 and struggling league 1 teams, the footballing teams get out of league 1 so no big loss in my opinion and I’m pretty sure Adams will find a better player for the wages freed up.

Oct 24, 2013
One look at this thread and you can see why Sonny is getting his head turned. Never fails to amaze me how some so called supporters turn our players from heroes in May to slated has-beens in June.

Frankly, Sonny is another on a line of current and past players who deserve a hell of a lot more respect than some posting seem to be capable of.