Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected

Feb 8, 2005
Stuart House":1cprqulk said:
jimsing":1cprqulk said:
Another FACT - We are only just passed half way in the window.

Chill out!!

Sort of irrelevant if Taylor picks up an injury in training this week. Yes there is still time, but we are short on players NOW!

If this, if that!!!!

Man up, man.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jimsing":10ce3ide said:
Stuart House":10ce3ide said:
jimsing":10ce3ide said:
Another FACT - We are only just passed half way in the window.

Chill out!!

Sort of irrelevant if Taylor picks up an injury in training this week. Yes there is still time, but we are short on players NOW!

If this, if that!!!!

Man up, man.

Yeah man up, Taylor and Jervis are invincible to injury and suspension. And we’ll still have deadline day to bring in a panic buy again.

:scarf:

I criticised Adams on mis judging what was needed for League 1. I ate humble pie when he turned it around and I trust him now to make signings and keep essential players so we remain on our upward trajectory or at least remain mid table until we can strengthen further in the summer.

I think Adams has released Ciftci and Blissett because they are just not good enough and/or they will never fit into Adam's preferred formation. I guess he's confident he will sign one or two forwards who will improve our squad and fight tooth and nail to keep Taylor. In order to do that, Taylor must be offered improved terms.

As much as we are all desperate to see incoming players, we can only judge this transfer window when it has closed.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think Blissett moved for the sake of his career. Adams would probably have kept him as an option but Blissett deserved more game time than he was getting.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We are not a complete basket case without Taylor in the team because we were on a run of 2 defeats in 8 games when he returned to the team (not brilliant but light years ahead of our poor start) but since he's returned to the team we've been unbeaten in 8 games, it's now 2 defeats in 16 games.

His only defeat was the first game of the season when he was injured in the first half.

His inclusion in the team have helped us step up a gear.

Without Taylor.
Played 19, won 4, drawn 5, lost 10. 17 points from a possible 57, average 0.89 points per game.

With Taylor.
Played 9, won 5, drawn 3, lost 1. 18 points from a possible 27, average 2 points per game.

Adams will have his targets after months of planning and won't suddenly think he has to sign a striker because Taylor might leave. During the last January transfer window he signed three players in the last five days of the transfer window.

If Taylor wants to leave and the bid is a good one there's no point in keeping an unhappy player, especially as he can leave for free in the summer.
Adams will find a replacement but that player will take a while to get used to our system.

If we do lose Taylor and we plod along on the 0.89 points per game as we did earlier in the season without Taylor we will pick up another 16 points and enough, just, to avoid relegation.

Jul 18, 2011
Stuart House":2idjdt9c said:
Abbotts Ann Green":2idjdt9c said:
Of course, we don’t know the full details of the loans we have made and if there are recall conditions attached.

We don’t know if Taylor has been offered a new contract.

We don’t know if we have made offers for other players.

We don’t know if other players are already lined up.

We don’t know if other players have been offered contract extensions.

We don’t know if contracts for players have an added year clause that can be activated by the club.

Still, with all the wonderful free advice Adams is being offered here from football experts like SAM I’m sure it will be sorted soon...

Lets look at what we do know.

We had four strikers now we have one.

We have received a bid for that one striker.

Without that one striker we achieved 5 points from first 12 games.

With that said striker we achieved 18 points from last 8 games.

It's the 17th January and we have no new outfield signings.

We have just lost our most influential player to Fleetwood Town.

All of the above are indisputable facts. Add in a bit of speculation (We don't compete financially with most of the division, people don't what to uproot family and move south, interest in Carey and Bradley) then I think its fair that people are getting a little anxious around this transfer window. More so given our track record.

Two strikers, Jervis played that role and did ok. Also, there may well be recall clauses in the contracts of Fletcher and Blissett.

We have received a bid for Taylor but we turned it down. Also why would he go, he is only wanted because their striker is injured and would be second choice again when he is fit?

Most influential player to Fleetwood? I must have missed them signing Carey but you must be right as you said it was an indisputable fact”....

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Carey was a shadow of last season before Toums arrived, lets hope it stays that way with Ness as our saviour shall we.

Nov 3, 2006
Stuart House":1g8s07ew said:
Abbotts Ann Green":1g8s07ew said:
Of course, we don’t know the full details of the loans we have made and if there are recall conditions attached.

We don’t know if Taylor has been offered a new contract.

We don’t know if we have made offers for other players.

We don’t know if other players are already lined up.

We don’t know if other players have been offered contract extensions.

We don’t know if contracts for players have an added year clause that can be activated by the club.

Still, with all the wonderful free advice Adams is being offered here from football experts like SAM I’m sure it will be sorted soon...

Lets look at what we do know.

We had four strikers now we have one.

We have received a bid for that one striker.

Without that one striker we achieved 5 points from first 12 games.

With that said striker we achieved 18 points from last 8 games.

It's the 17th January and we have no new outfield signings.

We have just lost our most influential player to Fleetwood Town.

All of the above are indisputable facts. Add in a bit of speculation (We don't compete financially with most of the division, people don't what to uproot family and move south, interest in Carey and Bradley) then I think its fair that people are getting a little anxious around this transfer window. More so given our track record.

Toums being our most influential player is not an 'indisputable fact'.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
So I see we have returned to the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the forum.
The club under the present regime keep their cards very close to their chest. We generally have no clue what is going on regarding transfers, yet, many make presumptions of doom and gloom and have a scatter gun approach of blame.
I trust DA to make right the mistakes made last summer. He is moving people on to make way for new arrivals. It might well be a trimmer squad with higher quality, again we just don't know.

WE DON'T KNOW so all else is tittle tattle.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pettgreen":11unpcur said:
The club under the present regime keep their cards very close to their chest. We generally have no clue what is going on regarding transfers, yet, many make presumptions of doom and gloom and have a scatter gun approach of blame.
I trust DA to make right the mistakes made last summer. He is moving people on to make way for new arrivals. It might well be a trimmer squad with higher quality, again we just don't know.

If we don’t know how do we know all else is tittle tattle

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Tugboat":5ygja6y7 said:
Pettgreen":5ygja6y7 said:

:facepalm:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pettgreen":3uy52rn4 said:
Tugboat":3uy52rn4 said:
Pettgreen":3uy52rn4 said:

:facepalm:

And I’ll raise you a :banghead:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Tugboat":28pmq0je said:
Pettgreen":28pmq0je said:

Love the logic. :twisted: 1 - 0 Tuggers