Boring, boring everyone! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Boring, boring everyone!

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
When I lived in the north-west I loved going to watch non-league. My preference was for the upper end of the non-league structure but I'd watch football anywhere really. Hyde United, Northwich Victoria, Stalybridge Celtic, Curzon Ashton... and not forgetting Altrincham, possibly the grandest of all the non-league clubs. I went to Old Trafford a few times but it left me completely cold (they used to hand out songsheets, to try to encourage the tourists to join in). I don't get the chance to see much live football other than Argyle home games these days, unfortunately, but I'll never pass up the opportunity to tick off a new ground.

It's not always fun - I went to see Torquay play at Farsley Celtic, a small club in suburban Leeds, about 15 years ago on a freezing cold Tuesday night with a Gulls-supporting mate. To say the ground is basic would be an understatement. I remember nothing of the game, or the result, just praying to every deity in the firmament that I wouldn't miss the last train to Bradford Interchange.