Board of directors (Posted November 2011) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Board of directors (Posted November 2011)

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
nikkk":mp3x37g0 said:
IJN":mp3x37g0 said:
James has mentioned how impressed he's been with your donations Nick.

As Chris has said, it's certainly worth you making the contact.

By the way, there's a lovely Man City shirt on the go. :twisted:
mmmmmmmmmmm ! £1.00 tops
Maybe he could then.

A

Anonymous

nikkk":5lstbi4m said:
Keepitgreen":5lstbi4m said:
IJN":5lstbi4m said:
James has mentioned how impressed he's been with your donations Nick.

As Chris has said, it's certainly worth you making the contact.

By the way, there's a lovely Man City shirt on the go. :twisted:
Sorry to be off topic, but I've copied that link to my City supporting nephew. Doubt if he could compete with Nikk though. :) :)
I think you will find he can :lol:

:lol:

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
jerryatricjanner":xciffqn6 said:
Well that's interesting, but should you be telling us or approaching those that matter?
Why would he need to go through third parties Monkeywrench?
Its not just about me but was interested in the general feeling about an old school board of directors all of whom had a financial stake...maybe relevant now, maybe not.

nikkk":q55863r1 said:
Problem is it needs several people imho

There are a one or two people who have served the club before who know and love the club who i'm sure some fans would love to see back in the board room. It is up to JB though, he seems to be a very clever chap, i trust him to put together a board that will rebuild the club as a business as well as a team and a focal point of the community.
That said if there is anyone out there who wants to help we need all the help we can get!!!

D

Damon.Lenszner

Firstly a thanks to you nikkk for sponsorship of the Devonport and all your donations via the auctions. Your raised profile has bought this thread back to the top of the agenda, have to admit I.missed it first time round.

May I ask if you met with James and was he open to your suggestion?
Did other successful business people make contact?
Would you still be interested in buying in to the club?
Your generous donations have helped the staff no end - do you believe part of any share sale should go to the staff fund?

I agree with you Nikkk, it wouldnt take much in terms of investment into the team to take us to the point where we would comfortably challenge for a play-off place, after all it is a pretty crap league, but James isn't about investing in the team and I believe that you would have too diverse a view to.be able to work with him.

Again many thanks for your support.

Sep 28, 2011
im merely a normal joe blogs with a limited intellect when it comes to business but, although i like nikks suggestion wasnt i already under the impression james brent was basically investing in the team?
granted maybe not in the extremes of what an old school board of directors could do but nevertheless he is "splashing the cash" -"within our means" so to speak.
and if a new board of directors were to come in to take the club forward as it were, would that still be following james brents model of a sustainably run club with steady progression at the fore?
or an all out assault of signings to gain promotion at the earliest opportunity?

Oct 24, 2010
I suppose the key is the level of investment nikk has in mind, seven directors investing £500k each would be very welcome but if it were only £50k each then in today's football that wouldn't go very far even in the league we are in now. Given that there is no Sugar Daddy on the horizon James Brent's vision of generating income and organic growth is, in my mind, the way forward. It will take time but with our support potential a well run club has every chance of progressing to the Championship and staying there. I think the club at the moment is in a very healthy state, we have an owner who is committed to running the club on a sound financial basis a multi talented board of directors, a manageable, albeit undesirable, debt and, in my mind, an exceptional young manager and coaching staff who are in the process of building a quality team playing attractive, passing football. Having said all that the club to all intents and purposes has been reborn and I'm sure Mr Brent would give serious consideration to any investment to help us develop.

G

Greenskin

nikkk":3kvisuso said:
I know to date I have just been here mucking about with auctions and stuff but for some time it has been on my mind to discuss that going forward and particularly following the feeling following last nights game, maybe the way forward would be to step back several years, and I appreciate not perhaps relevant with todays "big clubs" with "big owners" but we as a club should put together a board of directors with maybe 6 or 7 Directors all of whom can offer personal substantial bank gurantees or lump sums and thus move into safety with the budget to" buy" safety from "disaster" James has already made it clear what his limits are but perhaps there are are a few that could do this. I personally do not think it would take a busting amount of cash to buy safety. Anyway would be delighted to help personally and surely there are a few other genuine Devon/Cornwall business people who could form a board. Ok maybe not suitable for the big time but sufficient to ensure league survival ? Maybe talking nonsense and perhaps I should just bid on shirts but cant help feeling this is the way to go today !

Not sure what you mean by safety-is there some doubt as to the safety of the club under James Brent and the current regime?

Dec 19, 2008
I've always seen James Brent as a temporary owner and I think (I have no evidence) that he doesn't see himself in 20 years time still doing what he does. After the plans have been done and passed, after the building starts and after all the contracts for the leisure facilities are signed up, I genuinely and 100% believe that James Brent will reduce himself to being a minority share-holder if he can.

I'd like to see IJN given the role of Hospitality Manager if a new board come in. He's PAFC's very own Ted Bovis.
char_ted.jpg

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Greenskin":2n7m3ltk said:
nikkk":2n7m3ltk said:
I know to date I have just been here mucking about with auctions and stuff but for some time it has been on my mind to discuss that going forward and particularly following the feeling following last nights game, maybe the way forward would be to step back several years, and I appreciate not perhaps relevant with todays "big clubs" with "big owners" but we as a club should put together a board of directors with maybe 6 or 7 Directors all of whom can offer personal substantial bank gurantees or lump sums and thus move into safety with the budget to" buy" safety from "disaster" James has already made it clear what his limits are but perhaps there are are a few that could do this. I personally do not think it would take a busting amount of cash to buy safety. Anyway would be delighted to help personally and surely there are a few other genuine Devon/Cornwall business people who could form a board. Ok maybe not suitable for the big time but sufficient to ensure league survival ? Maybe talking nonsense and perhaps I should just bid on shirts but cant help feeling this is the way to go today !

Not sure what you mean by safety-is there some doubt as to the safety of the club under James Brent and the current regime?
No. This post was from quite some time ago.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I have no business acumen nor any knowledge of running a football club, but hasn`t this been tried before? Just prior to administration? Seems to me the idea of the club generating it`s own income is safer and more sustainable. I think the ethos of a successful Plymouth Argyle should be "no debt". I don`t believe in risk/reward.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Nikkk are you saying that you do not believe that the team needs investment now? We are in a position where our 2/3 best players are loanees. We will be without them for a number of games around Xmas when their loans cant be extended and we cant buy them outside of the Jan window. Then funds must be made available to buy them. If not then what?

D

Damon.Lenszner

justanotherfan":1ismmpoc said:
I have no business acumen nor any knowledge of running a football club, but hasn`t this been tried before? Just prior to administration? Seems to me the idea of the club generating it`s own income is safer and more sustainable. I think the ethos of a successful Plymouth Argyle should be "no debt". I don`t believe in risk/reward.

i would love the club to have no debt - unfortunately under the current regime we have been saddled with debt for another 4 years. James is making his money from the associated property deals. He could sell a chunk of shares in the football club and put the funds into the team. No additional debt plus investment into the team.