Board of directors (Posted November 2011) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Board of directors (Posted November 2011)

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
I know to date I have just been here mucking about with auctions and stuff but for some time it has been on my mind to discuss that going forward and particularly following the feeling following last nights game, maybe the way forward would be to step back several years, and I appreciate not perhaps relevant with todays "big clubs" with "big owners" but we as a club should put together a board of directors with maybe 6 or 7 Directors all of whom can offer personal substantial bank gurantees or lump sums and thus move into safety with the budget to" buy" safety from "disaster" James has already made it clear what his limits are but perhaps there are are a few that could do this. I personally do not think it would take a busting amount of cash to buy safety. Anyway would be delighted to help personally and surely there are a few other genuine Devon/Cornwall business people who could form a board. Ok maybe not suitable for the big time but sufficient to ensure league survival ? Maybe talking nonsense and perhaps I should just bid on shirts but cant help feeling this is the way to go today !

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Nikkk I am sure that as soon as you say the work that Ian or Chris would happily arrange for you to meet Mr Brent.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Well that's interesting, but should you be telling us or approaching those that matter?
Why would he need to go through third parties Monkeywrench?

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
jerryatricjanner":2z46s9jj said:
Well that's interesting, but should you be telling us or approaching those that matter?
Well it takes more than one ! but just interested in the general opinions of going back to the old school board of directors where several members have the responsibilty for the success of the club

A

Anonymous

nikkk":16uek00y said:
I know to date I have just been here mucking about with auctions and stuff but for some time it has been on my mind to discuss that going forward and particularly following the feeling following last nights game, maybe the way forward would be to step back several years, and I appreciate not perhaps relevant with todays "big clubs" with "big owners" but we as a club should put together a board of directors with maybe 6 or 7 Directors all of whom can offer personal substantial bank gurantees or lump sums and thus move into safety with the budget to" buy" safety from "disaster" James has already made it clear what his limits are but perhaps there are are a few that could do this. I personally do not think it would take a busting amount of cash to buy safety. Anyway would be delighted to help personally and surely there are a few other genuine Devon/Cornwall business people who could form a board. Ok maybe not suitable for the big time but sufficient to ensure league survival ? Maybe talking nonsense and perhaps I should just bid on shirts but cant help feeling this is the way to go today !

Nikkk

Firstly I think the 6 or 7 Directors with money isn't really the answer. There needs to be a healthy mixture of investors and people there for their skills.

Also I don't think its for us to say to James Brent 'you've bought the Club now we'll sort the Board out' - thats his Job in my view.

I know this is very high on his list of priorities and potential candidates are being examined currently.

My suggestion mate would be that you contact James directly to see if there is something that can be done with yourself if you fancy a crack at it.

If you need the contact details just drop me a PM.

Chris

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Accept entirely that it is his decision to run the club as he sees fit. Just a thought thats all.

A

Anonymous

nikkk":1amngze4 said:
Accept entirely that it is his decision to run the club as he sees fit. Just a thought thats all.

Throw your hat in the ring mate. Mind you IJN will miss your shirt money :)

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
I think that now is the time for the trust to mobilise the fanbase and become one of the directors.Most of us cannot afford to help the club in this way but maybe as a whole we could make a difference.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
nikkk":2f58oadc said:
....... and a very good thought. Mind you I did state just after the takeover - I hope James Brent choses directors who can bring both experience and finances. I think all directors should have an equal financial responsibilty so that they all have equal rights when decision making. I'd hate to see factions in the Board because one's put it more than another.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Keepitgreen":3kfsh8cm said:
nikkk":3kfsh8cm said:
....... and a very good thought. Mind you I did state just after the takeover - I hope James Brent choses directors who can bring both experience and finances. I think all directors should have an equal financial responsibilty so that they all have equal rights when decision making. I'd hate to see factions in the Board because one's put it more than another.
Absolutely and I think a group with equal financial responsibility is particularly relevant as per the old school board of directors. I appreciate may not be relevant in the big time but in the current position ?

A

Anonymous

James has mentioned how impressed he's been with your donations Nick.

As Chris has said, it's certainly worth you making the contact.

By the way, there's a lovely Man City shirt on the go. :twisted:

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
IJN":2yyk3tk9 said:

mmmmmmmmmmm ! £1.00 tops

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":x8da88aj said:

Sorry to be off topic, but I've copied that link to my City supporting nephew. Doubt if he could compete with Nikk though. :) :)

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Keepitgreen":i4zo5iwk said:
IJN":i4zo5iwk said:

Sorry to be off topic, but I've copied that link to my City supporting nephew. Doubt if he could compete with Nikk though. :) :)
I think you will find he can :lol: