Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football)

May 8, 2011
Patrick Vieira confronted by Everton fans tonight. Port Vale fans attacking Swindon players as well.

Shouldn’t have to say this but is it time for nets/barriers to be put up for games where a pitch invasion is a possibility? A very small minority are spoiling things for the majority enjoying the moment - but player safety has to be paramount.

I remember when we beat Pompey in the play offs, I high fived and hugged one of their players, lots of our fans did, what is wrong with some people now?
I was at Goodison tonight and it was one hell of a pitch invasion.
The fan base has certainly galvanised behind the Club and some of the scenes outside the stadium before the last few matches with thousands lining the street greeting the team bus is truly awe inspiring and I’m sure other Clubs will try to imitate it.
Not sure about a fireworks display outside the visiting teams hotel at 3 in the morning though!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I'm not against pitch invasions as such, just the total braindead idiots who ruin them.
The problem is there is nearly always the brain dead amongst them who spoil it for the rest. Yes, the apologists can come on here and say it's passion etc. but the likes of the events of this week have to be stopped before it gets out of hand. If nets or fences are not the answer then it needs fines and draconian bans for any fan identified entering the field of play, even in celebration. A few of those and people will soon get the message. The pitch has to be a complete no go area. Fans can sing and applaud the players from their seats and the players can take the acclaim on a lap of honour and more. The stewards at Port Vale this evening were a joke and didn't even attempt to give the Swindon players protection from the hordes. They should have been prepared for that scenario. I didn't see the Everton game but there were clearly issues there as well.

Mar 29, 2020
The only way to stop it to say every severe pitch invasion there is a -10 points deduction..the following season….fans will soon think twice.
Seams harsh but you will never stop it else

Reactions: Daz and Sparkypete

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Anybody that recalls Hillsborough would agree that fences are not a viable option. There will always be rare occasions where fans do have to come on the pitch. God forbid that they had fences at Valley Parade in 1985.

As a previous poster has said; draconian punishment is the only answer. I understand that there are issues with going from the championship to the premiership as it would be difficult to impose a punishment in the top tier for something that happened in the EFL. However, it is surely not beyond the ability of the legislators to get together to present a common front and the EFL have no excuse for inaction.

Points deduction or ground closure?Something needs to be done but I’m sure that we all know there will be a paltry fine and a slap on the wrist and without the willingness of the football authorities to take action then the problem will continue.

Reactions: GreenThing
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
The problem is there is nearly always the brain dead amongst them who spoil it for the rest. Yes, the apologists can come on here and say it's passion etc. but the likes of the events of this week have to be stopped before it gets out of hand. If nets or fences are not the answer then it needs fines and draconian bans for any fan identified entering the field of play, even in celebration. A few of those and people will soon get the message. The pitch has to be a complete no go area. Fans can sing and applaud the players from their seats and the players can take the acclaim on a lap of honour and more. The stewards at Port Vale this evening were a joke and didn't even attempt to give the Swindon players protection from the hordes. They should have been prepared for that scenario. I didn't see the Everton game but there were clearly issues there as well.
The ironic thing is that whenever I've gone to Port Vale it's been the most heavily policed match of the season. Hundreds of police, police dogs, horses, choppers etc just for a few hundred Argyle fans.......and they can't protect 11 players on the pitch who are inevitably going to be on the receiving end of some form of abuse after losing on pens.

May 19, 2022
Anybody that recalls Hillsborough would agree that fences are not a viable option. There will always be rare occasions where fans do have to come on the pitch. God forbid that they had fences at Valley Parade in 1985.

As a previous poster has said; draconian punishment is the only answer. I understand that there are issues with going from the championship to the premiership as it would be difficult to impose a punishment in the top tier for something that happened in the EFL. However, it is surely not beyond the ability of the legislators to get together to present a common front and the EFL have no excuse for inaction.

Points deduction or ground closure?Something needs to be done but I’m sure that we all know there will be a paltry fine and a slap on the wrist and without the willingness of the football authorities to take action then the problem will continue.
Apparently, they don't think it's a problem. It's not very common, is it? And the absence of all kinds of fences makes the game lively. As for me, yes, the game should not interfere with anything. However, the lawmakers think in their own way. Who knows, maybe they sometimes want someone to run onto the field...

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Dock Everton 10 points immediately then that pr1ck shoving his phone in Vieras face and goading him can bear responsibility for their relegation

May 19, 2022
Dock Everton 10 points immediately then that pr1ck shoving his phone in Vieras face and goading him can bear responsibility for their relegation
I don't quite understand why a team/club should be responsible for the actions of other people... Maybe these actions are not done by fans because of a lot of love. All in all, this needs to be dealt with.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I don't quite understand why a team/club should be responsible for the actions of other people... Maybe these actions are not done by fans because of a lot of love. All in all, this needs to be dealt with.
FA Rule E20:
Each Affiliated Association, Competition and Club shall be responsible for ensuring:

(a) that its directors, players, officials, employees, servants, representatives, spectators, and all persons purporting to be its supporters or followers, conduct themselves in an orderly fashion and refrain from any one or combination of the following: improper, violent, threatening, abusive, indecent, insulting or provocative words or behaviour, (including, without limitation, where any such conduct, words or behaviour includes a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability) whilst attending at or taking part in a Match in which it is involved, whether on its own ground or elsewhere; and

(b) that no spectators or unauthorised persons are permitted to encroach onto the pitch area, save for reasons of crowd safety, or to throw missiles, bottles or other potentially harmful or dangerous objects at or on to the pitch.

May 19, 2022
FA Rule E20:
Each Affiliated Association, Competition and Club shall be responsible for ensuring:

(a) that its directors, players, officials, employees, servants, representatives, spectators, and all persons purporting to be its supporters or followers, conduct themselves in an orderly fashion and refrain from any one or combination of the following: improper, violent, threatening, abusive, indecent, insulting or provocative words or behaviour, (including, without limitation, where any such conduct, words or behaviour includes a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability) whilst attending at or taking part in a Match in which it is involved, whether on its own ground or elsewhere; and

(b) that no spectators or unauthorised persons are permitted to encroach onto the pitch area, save for reasons of crowd safety, or to throw missiles, bottles or other potentially harmful or dangerous objects at or on to the pitch.
Of course, I know the rules. But I still don't understand why anyone should be responsible for the actions of others, unless it's their children. Punish those who run onto the field - I think so.