Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Billy Sharp attacked by a fan (violence in football)

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
No doubt the "wannabees" will be along shortly to condone it and say that this piece of dog sh!t shouldn't have a ban.

It's not "these days" MGM, it's been going on since waaaaaay back when. Nothing ever changed...it all got conveniently swept under the proverbial carpet.

These people are not "fans". They are thugs, plain and simple. They don't get "punished" either. These d!ckheads should be taken to Stirling Lines in Hereford for a weekend, playing with 22 Regt.

See how "hard" they are then!

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
Absolute disgrace. Completely cowardly yet very violent. How can a guy like that live with himself. I don't think any sane person could condone that. Big consequences needed - for his and society's good.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
There’s a prison sentence on the way for that animal. It will be interesting to see if bans are handed out to the people running around with smoke bombs after the game too. It can’t be one rule for Argyle fans and one for everyone else surely?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
This is why clubs get very nervous about people encroaching on pitches and it’s not to spoil fun it’s to stop idiots like this. There really is a heightened sense of idiocy at football these days fuelled, no doubt, by a pent up sense of alpha male machismo still finding its release post lockdown, plus the current fascination with cocaine which makes them feel invincible. Put him away for as long as the law allows. He’s a pathetic child. Like they all are.

Reactions: Dan Ellard

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Didn't look particularly child like to me. Looked more like a fully grown "man" - I use the term loosely.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Just listening to Simon Jordan on talkSPORT about this , apparently Billy Sharpe and another on the Shef Utd bench spent the game goading the forest fans. No excuse obviously but you can see with us and Wycombe how high emotions run.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Just listening to Simon Jordan on talkSPORT about this , apparently Billy Sharpe and another on the Shef Utd bench spent the game goading the forest fans. No excuse obviously but you can see with us and Wycombe how high emotions run.
But Forest won!! Would you be thumping the opposition skipper if Argyle won a play off game? Or would you just be laughing and goading right back at him? Your team wins and you're angry? :unsure:

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
But Forest won!! Would you be thumping the opposition skipper if Argyle won a play off game? Or would you just be laughing and goading right back at him? Your team wins and you're angry? :unsure:
I agree with you. You do have to wonder what type of person in that situation is more interested in assaulting someone rather than celebrating with their mates and fellow supporters.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Its a long line of disgusting behaviour that sadly football is at the centre of.
Fans are encouraged by managers and players alike to make their own ground hostile and want the opposition to be fearful, the problem with that is the uneducated or plain stupid have no sense of what the boundaries are.
In the past 2 weeks i've watched as Arteta whipped up the home ground surrounding the referee whilst checking out a VAR decision, Lampard shout at his own teams ball-boy to leave the F***ing ball alone whilst they were ahead in a home game.
No one on here will want to admit it, but the game is in the gutter, players cheating and feigning injury is "game management", as is surrounding the referee and intimidating him. We have a former England international of 100+ caps screaming at his own teenage ball boy (may have been younger) to waste time on his behalf - if this is the game people want, fair enough, but its not for me.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Despicable behaviour. Hopefully the individual will behind bars for some time soon.

Something I have noticed coming back into the game is the urge for 'fans' to invade the pitch after a match.
I've never understood it myself. To add, I think the law below needs to be emphasized/tightened up.

1652872259218.png

Oct 14, 2015
Regarding last night’s events there is no way the Police and Stewards can stop the pitch invasion, absolutely impossible. Not enough personal to have the whole of the pitch surroundings covered and secondly even if there was enough you can’t stop 30,000 fans getting on. I speak from experience.

As for the cowardly thug who head butted Billy Sharpe, if he done it outside a nightclub on a Friday night he’d get time in jail so he must get the same from the courts although I have very little faith in our judicial system anymore.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The only way a club could more or less guarantee that there will be no pitch incursions would be to put higher fences up. But there would be obvious safety issues with such a move and, off course, there would be impacts on the view that fans would have. Arresting, banning and/or fining people after the event would potentially reduce problems but can never guarantee prevention. I think it would be awful if we started to see fencing and netting in grounds to create a physical barrier but it's hard to see what else clubs can do.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
There’s footage now going around of Sheffield United player Oli McBurnie stomping on a fan last night.