Best player to put on a Argyle shirt - In your life time | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best player to put on a Argyle shirt - In your life time

Mar 23, 2008
GM Vauxhall":1k0narl0 said:
GreenSam":1k0narl0 said:
Same answer I give whenever this thread comes up, Peter Halmosi. Pure class.

Absolutely.
Halmosi was a very good player, but as left wingers go he was no Paul Dalton. Dalton was mercurial on his day.

H

HuddyTheGreen

Mcall, I could never understand how he seemed to have so much space, he oozed class.

Friio too.wss outstanding as the engine in our team, fantastic player who timed his runs to perfection!

Jul 6, 2011
HuddyTheGreen":84ttj9pt said:
Mcall, I could never understand how he seemed to have so much space, he oozed class.

Friio too.wss outstanding as the engine in our team, fantastic player who timed his runs to perfection!

Yep, two classy players

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
Deacster":1swhz7tw said:
GM Vauxhall":1swhz7tw said:
GreenSam":1swhz7tw said:

Absolutely.
Halmosi was a very good player, but as left wingers go he was no Paul Dalton. Dalton was mercurial on his day.

Each to their own I suppose but I just don't get the Dalton worship that goes on on this site. He was part of the first ever Argyle team to go down to the 4th which alone disqualifies him from any greatest lists in my opinion. I'd put him miles behind Garry Nelson, let alone Halmosi.

Mar 23, 2008
GM Vauxhall":wtakl68c said:
Deacster":wtakl68c said:
GM Vauxhall":wtakl68c said:
GreenSam":wtakl68c said:

Absolutely.

Each to their own I suppose but I just don't get the Dalton worship that goes on on this site. He was part of the first ever Argyle team to go down to the 4th which alone disqualifies him from any greatest lists in my opinion. I'd put him miles behind Garry Nelson, let alone Halmosi.
As you say each their own, I cannot understand how anyone who had seen Dalton in the flesh and some of the goals he scored above Halmosi. The point you made about Dalton being part of a relegated team is mute as the main reason (apart from Swan) for relegation was injuries to key players like Dalton and Steve Castle.