Berry | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Berry

Jul 17, 2011
Sign up berry! Now, he was one of the worst at the start, now the best right back we have had since Paul Connolly!

S

supagreens

Much improved since the arrival of Purse, as is our other full back robbie williams, who looks 10 times the player he was at the start of the season.

we have 2 good full backs, i hope both stay

Aug 5, 2009
driscollberg":32bavmvd said:
Sign up berry! Now, he was one of the worst at the start, now the best right back we have had since Paul Connolly!

My motm today I think. Really solid and started to look good going forward

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Good defenders with Purse organising them, but definitely limited going forward. Two areas that we need to strengthen next season if we are to be an attacking force - we already have one replacement if we can keep him.

Mar 23, 2008
If we can retain our back 4 weve got a helluva base for next season. Has a player ever improved so much for Argyle in the same season? No-one i can think of.

B

block 12 row u

driscollberg":yo56xri1 said:

Echo that ; Most Improved - almost the best over the closing weeks of the season !!!

A

Anonymous

He has really, really come on hasn't he?

Great credit to Pursey for that I reckon.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We have a very strong and capable core group of players at the club, mainly in the defence. With a few
'fine tweak' additions we could be comfortably mid table plus next season.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
IJN":cibzrh8q said:
He has really, really come on hasn't he?

Great credit to Pursey for that I reckon.

Yep, absolutely.

I think it was the Shrewsbury match that Berry first shone in a man of the match sort of way, & has been pretty consistent ever since.

Perhaps a little like MKD - the better the team mate the better the player?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":25tmjfny said:
We have a very strong and capable core group of players at the club, mainly in the defence. With a few
'fine tweak' additions we could be comfortably mid table plus next season.
I actually reckon we're a mid table side now (league position hamstrung by our Pre-November form).

If we sign some quality attackers (a winger, an ACM and a striker say) then I really think we can go up. I've seen enough of this league to conclude that it really isn't anything special (imo).

C

Chill-Pil-Grim

Spot on Sam. Was saying exactly the same today. Canny midfielder with a bit of vision, pacey winger and a 40 goal a season striker (we can now afford with our £20k pitch invasion fine rebate :) ) ...ok, just a vaguely consistent striker, and we'll be juuuust fine.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Away from the thread title a bit.

I was pleased for Williams today. Took a lot of carp for 3 month and has now shown he is good for us and scored. :clap: :clap:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I always thought he showed promise, but just needed to have some experience alongside. I remember him putting in a cracking game at Bradford, the game where Purse had a goal-line clearance. Berry was playing against a giant of a man, as he often does, yet managed to mark him out of the vast majority of the game. He has come on leaps and bounds with Purse obviously mentoring him and I think we have an awesome back four. We have to do our best to keep a defensive line like this and develop elsewhere for next season. It was mentioned on the radio commentary that if it wasn't for the spell he had out of the first team that he could have been a candidate for player of the year but that he was definitely the most improved. Well done, young man!

:scarf:

S

supagreens

i agree with tigertony about williams, was my motm today. he is a bit slow and perhaps needs to lose some weight, but he takes up some brilliant defensive positions, he has a superb left foot and to be fair, for a player of his size, he wins way more balls in the air than he has a right to. he was badly bashed earlier in the season, i think he's proving a lot of people wrong.

entertain us :thumbs: