Barton gone from Fleetwood | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barton gone from Fleetwood

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Why on earth would anyone decent want to go to that silly little club?

Totally beyond me.

It's like Saltash United with a few million chucked in.

Jun 27, 2019
IJN":1r622dtq said:

Totally beyond me.

Indeed. They've bought their place in the League instead of working their way up organically. Yes, football is all about money these days, but Bury went to the wall because of clubs like Fleetwood driving up salaries with their inorganic model. They've exploited the paltry financial rules to compete with clubs who have more history and tradition than they'll ever have.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ave_IT":1m716sk0 said:
WoodsyGreen":1m716sk0 said:
People do grow up and calm down. Has Barton? I suppose that'll be up to the judge at his trial this coming June for assaulting the Barnsley manager last season.

Once a nasty piece of work, always a nasty piece of work.
Thought it was up to the judge? From what I read of that incident there was a running feud between the two sets of management staff from previous games. In that particular game the Barnsley manager was leaping around in front of the Fleetwood dugout ā€˜giving it largeā€™ after they scored ā€“ so all Hell broke loose between the dug outs and Barton was apparently the ā€˜peace-makerā€™ pulling people apart. (Sounds like the Adams v Ainsworth or Adams v Hughton doesnā€™t it?). Then when the match ended as they headed back to the dressing rooms verbals started again and it is then alleged Barton shoved the Barnsley manager into metal railings that caused him to loose a front tooth. Barton vehemently denies it was him. Who knows? Not me or you. Maybe it was him and he grabbed the back of his head and deliberately slammed his face into the railings ā€“ in which case he heā€™s a thug and deserves all he gets. But maybe it wasnā€™t him at all, or maybe it was a general scuffle with several people and the Barnsley manager ended up falling into the railingsā€¦ā€¦.. but obviously Barton would be the one theyā€™d want to blame. Letā€™s see what the judge makes of the CCTV shall we before judging?

You have to be careful about engaging in conjecture about a live case. Barton is currently charged with a criminal offence, so the matter becomes sub judice. Wouldnā€™t want Pasoti to get in trouble!

Jan 6, 2020
WoodsyGreen":34rlnwn7 said:
IJN":34rlnwn7 said:

Totally beyond me.

Indeed. They've bought their place in the League instead of working their way up organically. Yes, football is all about money these days, but Bury went to the wall because of clubs like Fleetwood driving up salaries with their inorganic model. They've exploited the paltry financial rules to compete with clubs who have more history and tradition than they'll ever have.

I agree to some extent, but until Covid they were actually profitable. They make a lot of money from Poolfoot farm, which is their training ground but also benefits from considerable community use.

They pay decent salaries although from what I can gather not ridiculous ones. They have an owner who is hell bent on making the Championship, unfortunately it makes him trigger happy when firing managers who are actually doing a reasonable job

Aug 5, 2016
Green Manc":37xdhyyt said:
WoodsyGreen":37xdhyyt said:
IJN":37xdhyyt said:

Totally beyond me.

I agree to some extent, but until Covid they were actually profitable. They make a lot of money from Poolfoot farm, which is their training ground but also benefits from considerable community use.

They pay decent salaries although from what I can gather not ridiculous ones. They have an owner who is hell bent on making the Championship, unfortunately it makes him trigger happy when firing managers who are actually doing a reasonable job

If you honestly think Fleetwood Town are anywhere near a sustainable club then you need your head checking.

Fleetwood is a town of 30,000 population with bigger clubs on their doorstep in every direction.

Plymouth alone, without wider Devon and Cornwall is ten times bigger. And Fleetwood Town has numerous players Argyle can't afford.

The sooner the vanity project bursts and those players go to real clubs from real towns with proper footballing pedigrees, the better.

Graham Clark

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
After being at the club for 16 years, the Chairman Andy Pilleyā€™s group of companies are owed Ā£17m by the Club. The latest set of accounts show he put in Ā£6m in the last year to ā€˜balance the booksā€™.

Jun 27, 2019
Graham Clark":3u13x9q7 said:
After being at the club for 16 years, the Chairman Andy Pilleyā€™s group of companies are owed Ā£17m by the Club. The latest set of accounts show he put in Ā£6m in the last year to ā€˜balance the booksā€™.

They'd better hope he doesn't get hit by a bus then.