Barton gone from Fleetwood | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barton gone from Fleetwood

Jan 27, 2012
I’m not a fan of convicted criminal football manager Steve Evans, but violent ex-convict and repeat offender Joey Barton is even worse. I don’t know why clubs employ him.

B

Bonehead

Seems like the Pasoti self righteous brothers are off again ...jeez

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
plymouth1970":2996gn3l said:
Seems like the Pasoti self righteous brothers are off again ...jeez

Well at least the Righteous Brothers remained unchained! :coat:

We view ourselves as a family club, working with the community and encouraging local youth. Quite acceptable to consider whether your manager fits that profile. :angel:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Steve Evans":v79kt6lv said:
Type into google BES utilities raided by police.

That would be 2015 or 16.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I just Googled his (quite numerous) misdemeanors to remind myself why he had such a bad reputation. Playing devil's advocate - they are virtually all violent conflicts but with other young blokes. Clearly he has (or had) 'anger issues' and would fly at other young men who in his mind provoked him. The most serious was when he tried to put a cigar in a team-mate's eye ....but only after he had tried to set fire to his shirt. I'm not excusing such behaviour but ....well it's not like he abuses or attacks or cheats people he has power over. it's not bullying as far as I can tell (correct me if wrong) but his victims were all his equals when the red mist descends.

The reason I bothered looking it up is I know of a friend of a friend who looked after a holiday property he owns. Apparently she swears he is a lovely bloke "always quiet and polite". I dunno ..... just saying it could be a case of someone who was a once a wild young working class bloke who did some stupid things to other blokes when angered. But people do grow up and calm down.

Jun 27, 2019
People do grow up and calm down. Has Barton? I suppose that'll be up to the judge at his trial this coming June for assaulting the Barnsley manager last season.

Once a nasty piece of work, always a nasty piece of work.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
WoodsyGreen":r3o8x6u2 said:
People do grow up and calm down. Has Barton? I suppose that'll be up to the judge at his trial this coming June for assaulting the Barnsley manager last season.

Thought it was up to the judge? From what I read of that incident there was a running feud between the two sets of management staff from previous games. In that particular game the Barnsley manager was leaping around in front of the Fleetwood dugout ‘giving it large’ after they scored – so all Hell broke loose between the dug outs and Barton was apparently the ‘peace-maker’ pulling people apart. (Sounds like the Adams v Ainsworth or Adams v Hughton doesn’t it?). Then when the match ended as they headed back to the dressing rooms verbals started again and it is then alleged Barton shoved the Barnsley manager into metal railings that caused him to loose a front tooth. Barton vehemently denies it was him. Who knows? Not me or you. Maybe it was him and he grabbed the back of his head and deliberately slammed his face into the railings – in which case he he’s a thug and deserves all he gets. But maybe it wasn’t him at all, or maybe it was a general scuffle with several people and the Barnsley manager ended up falling into the railings…….. but obviously Barton would be the one they’d want to blame. Let’s see what the judge makes of the CCTV shall we before judging?

Aug 5, 2016
Ave_IT":svfm813v said:
I just Googled his (quite numerous) misdemeanors to remind myself why he had such a bad reputation. Playing devil's advocate - they are virtually all violent conflicts but with other young blokes. Clearly he has (or had) 'anger issues' and would fly at other young men who in his mind provoked him. The most serious was when he tried to put a cigar in a team-mate's eye ....but only after he had tried to set fire to his shirt. I'm not excusing such behaviour but ....well it's not like he abuses or attacks or cheats people he has power over. it's not bullying as far as I can tell (correct me if wrong) but his victims were all his equals when the red mist descends.

The reason I bothered looking it up is I know of a friend of a friend who looked after a holiday property he owns. Apparently she swears he is a lovely bloke "always quiet and polite". I dunno ..... just saying it could be a case of someone who was a once a wild young working class bloke who did some stupid things to other blokes when angered. But people do grow up and calm down.

The young footballer Barton got into trouble with at Man City was no angel himself.

I think since being released by Manchester City he has served time in prison. And that was after fleeing the country before sentencing.

Jun 27, 2019
Ave_IT":1peseoli said:
WoodsyGreen":1peseoli said:

Thought it was up to the judge? From what I read of that incident there was a running feud between the two sets of management staff from previous games. In that particular game the Barnsley manager was leaping around in front of the Fleetwood dugout ‘giving it large’ after they scored – so all Hell broke loose between the dug outs and Barton was apparently the ‘peace-maker’ pulling people apart. (Sounds like the Adams v Ainsworth or Adams v Hughton doesn’t it?). Then when the match ended as they headed back to the dressing rooms verbals started again and it is then alleged Barton shoved the Barnsley manager into metal railings that caused him to loose a front tooth. Barton vehemently denies it was him. Who knows? Not me or you. Maybe it was him and he grabbed the back of his head and deliberately slammed his face into the railings – in which case he he’s a thug and deserves all he gets. But maybe it wasn’t him at all, or maybe it was a general scuffle with several people and the Barnsley manager ended up falling into the railings…….. but obviously Barton would be the one they’d want to blame. Let’s see what the judge makes of the CCTV shall we before judging?

Which is exactly what I said :crazy:

I wasn't determining his guilt or otherwise, just stating a widely-held opinion that he's a nasty piece of work.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Thought he did alright at Fleetwood. He'll get another job elsewhere for sure. Unlucky not to go up last season.
I too get the impression he has mellowed with age. Be interesting to see where he goes from here and how long it'll be before he is employed again.