Banter (split from Rumours thread) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banter (split from Rumours thread)

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
bigalf, all I am suggesting is a short trip over the bridge,( regularly made by Neil Warnock) and look out for young fit athletic men who move at great speed through Waitrose.While this policy has got some public figures in difficulty recently I’m sure your alias will protect you and you can give the fanbase what it needs.We need incoming!
Only bridge I ever used was Shaky Bridge from Keyham to Budo till them there powers to be shut it . Now that was a Man’s Bridge!

Reactions: Andy S

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Only bridge I ever used was Shaky Bridge from Keyham to Budo till them there powers to be shut it . Now that was a Man’s Bridge!
I remember it well. Savage Road to Drake!! The really dodgy bit was riding a bike across when there was a train on it as well!! :)

Reactions: bigalf

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I remember it well. Savage Road to Drake!! The really dodgy bit was riding a bike across when there was a train on it as well!! :)
Wolseley Road wasn’t it? I was telling my mum the other day how we used to climb up on to the first bit of concrete and lie down on it as the 125’s would go past 3 ft from our heads! She wasn’t impressed as we were only about 10.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
PI BigAlf at your service - this operator certainly gives Magnum P. I a run for his money 😄

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Wolseley Road wasn’t it? I was telling my mum the other day how we used to climb up on to the first bit of concrete and lie down on it as the 125’s would go past 3 ft from our heads! She wasn’t impressed as we were only about 10.
Yep, it went from Wolseley Road to Saltash Road, over Camel’s Head Creek. You were 10?? Jeez! I was 30 and crapped myself every time a train appeared!! :)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
We used to climb the trees overhanging the tracks at Stoggy Lane.

Oct 20, 2022
Having been quite rightly dispatched to the coffee bar I can confirm I saw Siouxsie and her Banshee friends in Waitrose and she said she had heard a rumour 😗

May 16, 2016
I used to jog across it occasionally. I think my physique now thumping across it would have ensured it's closure if it hadn't already been consigned to history.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy S

BDW

Apr 15, 2023
I used to jog across it occasionally. I think my physique now thumping across it would have ensured it's closure if it hadn't already been consigned to history.
There used to be a mini commando assault course beside Shaky Bridge. You could also climb down from the piers and access the maintenance floor below the train tracks. The rattle there was scary, didn’t stop us though. 😀

Reactions: Guiri Green

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
No wonder Argyle haven't signed many. They turn up at the Swilly Coop to buy some pretzels & a skinny latte, take one look at you, & skedaddle back ooop North.
Vielen Dank. Das erste Mal, dass ich von einem Hund missbraucht wurde. Ihr Tippen mit Pfoten ist jedoch erstaunlich.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
We used to climb the trees overhanging the tracks at Stoggy Lane.
I spent a huge amount of my childhood on Stoggy Lane! My great Aunt and Uncle (Doll and Don Hendra) lived at 56 Moorland Avenue and in those days, with no roads, it was an easy stroll up beside the bridge, watching the Kings and Castles hurtling down Hemerdon Bank at 100mph. I could also see all the trains from the bedroom window.

Very, very happy days