Banter (split from Rumours thread) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banter (split from Rumours thread)

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Just like to announce that there will be no further information on here from me regarding players who are signing.

Unfortunately, for some reason the Swilly Kwop has banned me and threatened me with an injunction for persistent loitering in the International foods aisle.

And, despite my impeccable record of accurately stating who will sign, I refuse to go in Swilly Lidl.

Sep 28, 2003
Just like to announce that there will be no further information on here from me regarding players who are signing.

Unfortunately, for some reason the Swilly Kwop has banned me and threatened me with an injunction for persistent loitering in the International foods aisle.

And, despite my impeccable record of accurately stating who will sign, I refuse to go in Swilly Lidl.
That really cracked me up !!!!

Oct 14, 2019
Llantwit Major

I love the humour on here sometimes it cracks me up. It's better than a Billy Connelly sketch.Keep it up.

Oct 20, 2022
Sorry to be negative on here about the love in on here about bigalf but I think he needs to take a hard look at himself!While I accept that in League 1 potential players might be spotted at Swilly Coop now we are in the Championship, surely Waitrose at Saltash Services is where are next Argyle heroes can be spotted.Morgan Whittaker purchasing Quinoa in Aisle 3 and we might be on to something.Slow news week at Home Park!

Jan 11, 2017

Thank you bigalf. That post alone filled the post season void

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Sorry to be negative on here about the love in on here about bigalf but I think he needs to take a hard look at himself!While I accept that in League 1 potential players might be spotted at Swilly Coop now we are in the Championship, surely Waitrose at Saltash Services is where are next Argyle heroes can be spotted.Morgan Whittaker purchasing Quinoa in Aisle 3 and we might be on to something.Slow news week at Home Park!
I think you are wrong, as Whittaker is banned from Waitrose at Saltash Services. The last time he was in there the CCTV caught him light-fingering from the top shelf whilst on the shoulders of a couple of vampires. He was done for shoplifting on two counts.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Although to be fair I did see Pleggy in Saltash Waitrose about a week before he signed. He bought 15 bags of paella rice, 6 cases of tequila, 9 sombrero hats and 12 piñatas. I thought to myself, Hispanic buying.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
I think the European culture had a highbrow musical impact on Conor Hazard. When I saw him in Saltash Waitrose on Monday he was carrying a piece of paper marked Chopin Liszt.

• Haha
Reactions: greenpig27

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
On the theme of Waitrose, I was working in London when a colleague told me of something he overheard in his local Waitrose store. I don't suppose many of us have not experienced an exasperated parent admonishing their offspring in a supermarket, but this one was the limit. On the other side of an aisle my colleague clearly heard this guy - with a very plummy voice - remonstrating with his nipper, 'Orlando! Put down that papaya!' Classic...

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
On the theme of Waitrose, I was working in London when a colleague told me of something he overheard in his local Waitrose store. I don't suppose many of us have not experienced an exasperated parent admonishing their offspring in a supermarket, but this one was the limit. On the other side of an aisle my colleague clearly heard this guy - with a very plummy voice - remonstrating with his nipper, 'Orlando! Put down that papaya!' Classic...
I popped into a Waitrose once in search of lunch... obviously going to the football, possibly slightly tipsy
I asked the shop attendant where the sarnies were.
Probably my accent to blame, but the helpful young man had me follow him to the spice section where he helpfully showed me to the star anise (which apparently can be used in crumbles etc)

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I popped into a Waitrose once in search of lunch... obviously going to the football, possibly slightly tipsy
I asked the shop attendant where the sarnies were.
Probably my accent to blame, but the helpful young man had me follow him to the spice section where he helpfully showed me to the star anise (which apparently can be used in crumbles etc)
Magic! :ROFLMAO:

Oct 14, 2019
Llantwit Major
Was it a Waitrose Essential Papaya?

• Haha
Reactions: Mark58