Bali Mumba (signs on season long loan confirmed) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bali Mumba (signs on season long loan confirmed)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Lower league clubs are basically evolving into feeder / B teams. Can imagine in years to come teams like Accrington merging into a Blackburn / Burnley youth team.
Never like the loan rule unless it was an old fashion month long loan with a view to a permanent move. We’ve got no hope in hell singing Aziz or Mumba
I think it is a tad early to make that shout without seeing either kick a ball for Argyle in anger, or turn out on a wet Tuesday night in January away to [say] Accrington.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Speaks well. Great smile. Good attitude.

He says he will bring energy to the side, which is great because with 5 subs it will add to our options.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Three of the four new signings certainly have unusual first names (two also have unusual surnames), this must be the first time ever we've signed someone called Mickel and then Finn and now Bali.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Asked my ‘in the know’ Norwich supporting mate. FWIW, his take:

‘Signed from South Shields - a huge jump for him. Saw massive potential hence rewarding with a long contract. Reportedly struggled with the intensity and required fitness levels for Champ/Prem. Sent out on loan - seems to have struggled again and returned early. The struggles are not an attitude thing (attitude is good) - more about reaching the required levels. That said he may have trained on since being with the Posh. Club is good with youngsters and looks after them but he has dropped way down the pecking order. Suspect the club would release him but haven’t due to length of contract.’

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

‘Signed from South Shields - a huge jump for him. Saw massive potential hence rewarding with a long contract. Reportedly struggled with the intensity and required fitness levels for Champ/Prem. Sent out on loan - seems to have struggled again and returned early. The struggles are not an attitude thing (attitude is good) - more about reaching the required levels. That said he may have trained on since being with the Posh. Club is good with youngsters and looks after them but he has dropped way down the pecking order. Suspect the club would release him but haven’t due to length of contract.’
Probably why he’s here then.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth

Not to come across as pedantic, but he was signed from Sunderland, not South Shields. He’d been on loan at South Shields and had already played a handful of first team games for Sunderland.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
12Not to come across as pedantic, but he was signed from Sunderland, not South Shields. He’d been on loan at South Shields and had already played a handful of first team games for Sunderland.

And 18 appearances across various England international age group levels in particular 12 appearances for England u18 where Neil Dewsnip would have had a really good look at him.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Looking forward to seeing what he can do if Schuey picks him today- will he make the same impact as Mikel & Finn did when we saw them for the 1st time on Tuesday night (y)

Aug 5, 2016
If that was enough to effect Broom’s form for the rest of the season then it doesn’t say much for him I’m afraid.
It doesn't say much about a player getting upset about being subbed off before half time either. They will still be angry, upset, embarrassed - experience human emotions - which will in turn very likely affect their confidence and form.
Broom was playing well and enjoying his football, then was (possibly) made to feel like he was doing something wrong or wasn't good enough to find himself watching Mayor, Houghton and Camara from the bench.
Was that the best way to get the most out of a good player, to keep him motivated, inspired and at the top of his game? As opposed to confused, slightly hurt and wondering what's the point of busting a gut to play well down here when the manager clearly has his favourites?
Judging by how the season panned out I'd say definitely not.
Broom didn't openly sulk but he didn't believe in himself the way he did those first few months when he was flying.
Lowe was daft to interrupt that momentum IMO, and I posted on here to say as much at the time.

Sep 2, 2008
It doesn't say much about a player getting upset about being subbed off before half time either. They will still be angry, upset, embarrassed - experience human emotions - which will in turn very likely affect their confidence and form.
Broom was playing well and enjoying his football, then was (possibly) made to feel like he was doing something wrong or wasn't good enough to find himself watching Mayor, Houghton and Camara from the bench.
Was that the best way to get the most out of a good player, to keep him motivated, inspired and at the top of his game? As opposed to confused, slightly hurt and wondering what's the point of busting a gut to play well down here when the manager clearly has his favourites?
Broom didn't openly sulk but he didn't believe in himself the way he did those first few months when he was flying.
Lowe was daft to interrupt that momentum IMO, and I posted on here to say as much at the time.
Agree with that 100% and for me it’s just another example of why I think Lowe is a sh*t man manager.

I didn’t like Lowe when he joined and I was as chuffed as a badger at mating season when he buggered off.

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Feb 8, 2005
It's all part and parcel of the game of football.

The manager has the right to change whomever he pleases, be it because of lack of skill, lack of determination, lack of attitude, lack of adherence to the game plan, change of game plan, or even because of a perceived slight injury.

The player has to adhere to the manager's wishes, he can fester if he wishes, but I'm sure that the player would speak with the manager, or even vice versa, at the earliest opportunity, to sort things out.

No good someone rocking the boat unnecessarily.

Players know that they are pawns in a game of football, played by two managers who try to defeat each other by any means possible. Some managers go too far, but they always have some respect for each other in the ruthless game of football.

It used to be a sport, but money intervened and it has now become big business.

Progress? - pah!!!!!!!!!

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Not to come across as pedantic, but he was signed from Sunderland, not South Shields. He’d been on loan at South Shields and had already played a handful of first team games for Sunderland.
Indeed Bali has already played a few minutes at Home Park, just after his 17th birthday, in our defeat to the two McGeady goals.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I also think Knibbsworth that at roughly the same time when Mayor came on as a sub he really changed the game a few times, and added what we needed to finish off the game. Yet, when he started after that injury for quite a while I did not think he had the same impact as a sub (he did eventually but it took quite a while). It was as if Broom was good at tiring the oppo, and Mayor came on and took advantage of it. But when their roles were stopped it did not have quite the same impact.