Bali Mumba (signs on season long loan confirmed) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bali Mumba (signs on season long loan confirmed)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Loans make financial sense for the club.

Can't say last season's loan players let us down and seemed as committed as those on permanent deals.

Reactions: Nobby

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Trouble is how do you find the standard of player on a permanent basis with the budget we have?

Is two, too much? I understand if it was 4 or 5 but most clubs in league one or two work this way.
I think we have three mate don't we? But I do get your point.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we have three mate don't we? But I do get your point.
I’m at a loss.

Do we have 2 or 3?

Bali and Azez?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Several of MK Dons key players last season were there on loan. Sunderland had a few too.
Beat me to it Doc. I think MK had four who played a huge part in their successful season last time around. I just think we have to use whatever resource we can to put the best squad together.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I did say 'for my taste'. ;)

Perhaps I should have made the point 'percentage of newcomers'.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I did say 'for my taste'. ;)

Perhaps I should have made the point 'percentage of newcomers'.

With the loan thing l always felt we are developing somebody’s else’s player. I know don’t if that’s part of the reason you don’t like too many loans.

Last season Broom was on fire. Then Peterborough started using the media to say how they wanted £500,000 for him. His form dipped as it coincided with this talk. It didn’t affect Peterborough but it did affect Broom and Argyle.

If he had a an excellent season, than just a good early part, then Peterborough would of benefitted via a transfer fee or had a player ready to play in League one.

Yes he benefitted us by making our team better but eventually you have to replace and keep on finding a replacement.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
With the budget we have we have to be recruitment smart- you only have to look at what Sunderland & MK Dons achieved last season partly due to the loan players they had from the Premier League- yes we are developing another clubs player but these players have been highly schooled by their parent club probably in their U23 academy team (the nemesis of the Pizza Trophy) but they need to develop further in the footballing world & that is why they rock up at an EFL club

Young, eager & desperately wanting to impress & develop so that maybe one day they will be in their parent clubs 1st team

This may not be everyone's cup of tea but i think it speaks volumes that we have been able to get players from Aston Villa & Norwich- maybe our clubs stock his rising in the football world that the big hitters will not think twice in loaning us their youngsters

Aug 5, 2016
With the loan thing l always felt we are developing somebody’s else’s player. I know don’t if that’s part of the reason you don’t like too many loans.

Last season Broom was on fire. Then Peterborough started using the media to say how they wanted £500,000 for him. His form dipped as it coincided with this talk. It didn’t affect Peterborough but it did affect Broom and Argyle.
I'd say Broom getting dropped for Mayor (without the latter having to earn his place back in the side) messed with Broom's head more than anything Barry Fry had to say about anything.

Aug 4, 2011
Lower league clubs are basically evolving into feeder / B teams. Can imagine in years to come teams like Accrington merging into a Blackburn / Burnley youth team.
Never like the loan rule unless it was an old fashion month long loan with a view to a permanent move. We’ve got no hope in hell singing Aziz or Mumba