Average Wage | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Average Wage

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Plus the advent of 24hr news means they have to find 24hr of material which invariably doesn't exist for a football club especially one in L1.

For revenue they just post crap hoping to generate traffic which in turn increases their advertising revenue.

At least when "crap" was posted in the old paper format, it was generally well thought out and substantiated. Now its a case of trawl the internet for snippets (or computer games) in the hope you can break the news first. The authors are generally lacking in any for of journalistic attributes and that in turn will lead to the death of many of these online formats in my opinion. I cant remember the last time i clicked on a link to the Herald, its either fictitious or at best PASOTI fact being spouted a day after it was on here.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
One of the young Herald journo's recently left, following Beren Cross who left for another newspaper a few months ago.
I think two Argyle journos are left plus the reliable Chris Errington.

It did seem excessive to have 5 journos covering Argyle when only the articles from Chris Errington were worth reading.

With not much Argyle news over the summer the Herald has to manufacture it's own Argyle news or copy articles from elsewhere, like this average wage clickbait.

Jan 6, 2004
Chris Errington is a good example of a quality local sports journalist (like Graham Hambly and Harley Lawer before him). I am afraid he might be in the last generation of them

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
If this is true, and I've just read this thread and nothing else, but if it is true, that the herald has run a story on Argyle's wages based on a report which is based on Football Manager computer game, that is absolutely shameful and should be pulled immediately.

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
chunkymonkey78":3vj0v431 said:
Might fit why a fair amount of players reject contract offers and move on, seems as though they come down on a low wage to prove themselves then perhaps don't feel they're being appropriately rewarded when it's renewal time?
I was chatting with Peter Hartley a little while ago and that is exactly why he left!

Jul 18, 2011
Maybe it is because he is not as good as he thinks he is. His career has not exactly been on an upwards trajectory since he left us...

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
Abbotts Ann Green":3fwkmy5s said:
Maybe it is because he is not as good as he thinks he is. His career has not exactly been on an upwards trajectory since he left us...
Playing for Motherwell in the Scottish prem now

May 8, 2011
Shm":7tnvc3jb said:
Abbotts Ann Green":7tnvc3jb said:
Playing for Motherwell in the Scottish prem now

Which means he has taken a pay cut.

Jan 27, 2012
Shm":jnxhomfk said:
chunkymonkey78":jnxhomfk said:
Might fit why a fair amount of players reject contract offers and move on, seems as though they come down on a low wage to prove themselves then perhaps don't feel they're being appropriately rewarded when it's renewal time?
I was chatting with Peter Hartley a little while ago and that is exactly why he left!

I hope that's not why Threlkeld left- but I suspect it is.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
gaspargomez":2fxddtdp said:
Shm":2fxddtdp said:
chunkymonkey78":2fxddtdp said:

Managing a fixed playing budget is not easy. One member's wage increase can mean another member's decrease or alternatively, the signature of a player on a make do basis to fill a position. I am sure there are hundred's of professional footballers across the League's who feel they are underpaid relative to their own ability, especially in the 3rd and 4th tier of English football.

May 8, 2011
gaspargomez":26iln6en said:
Shm":26iln6en said:
chunkymonkey78":26iln6en said:

Well when Sarcevic signed his new deal he tweeted it was a no brainer!
So the contracts offered were good enough for Taylor and Sarcevic, perhaps we should guess from that who Adams values more highly and didn’t want to lose and those he would have liked to stay but thinks can be replaced more easily should they move on.

Jan 27, 2012
Threlkeld developed into good player for Argyle- its a shame. Certainly 100% effort each week- if he went to a Championship level team I could understand. But some obscure club in Belgium ?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Cant see the attraction of of an unheard team in the first division in Belgium .
At end of the day money talks so they clearly offered more than Argyle and location close to family wasn't a consideration.
Reckon DA fell out with him and gave him a derisory offer

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
samjones":35g3azav said:
Cant see the attraction of of an unheard team in the first division in Belgium .
At end of the day money talks so they clearly offered more than Argyle and location close to family wasn't a consideration.
why can't you see the attraction?a different culture,a new language to learn,a nice looking place to live and at that level he will be a star in my opinion.i wish oscar well. :clap:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
samjones":xem8ydxl said:
He can probably get back to Bolton quicker from there than Plymouth. If not, there won't be much in it.