Average Wage | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Average Wage

May 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":1ob5yp6u said:
Pilgrim28":1ob5yp6u said:
PL2 3DQ":1ob5yp6u said:
It looks like the Herald has copied a report from a football fans website regarding wages, although there's no information as to how they arrived at their figures for player wages.

For the 20 Premier League clubs, we took average weekly salary figures from the 2017 Global Sports Salary Survey. For the 72 EFL clubs, we looked at weekly wage data from the 2018 edition of Football Manager, taking an average of each team’s first team squad’s weekly earnings. The data from the game has been applauded on numerous occasions for its accuracy, and is even a recognised scouting system for clubs, as a result of their 1,300 researchers across the globe.

To find the average weekly earnings of the fans, we looked at the median weekly pay figures for the local authority of each team from the latest ‘Annual Salary of Hours and Earnings’ from the Office for National Statistics. (For London teams, we looked at the average earnings for their local borough.)

We then divided the teams’ average earnings with the fans to find out how much more they earned.

Thanks.
So the source is from a computer game and not to be treated as fact.

Next week, the Herald are running a special on 'Who's best in a fight - Spiderman, Batman or Ironman ?'

There's also an in depth discussion with Laura Croft and which cars she'd steal if she had to race around Plymouth in a 'Grand Theft Auto' style chase.

Also, live coverage of Darren v Kyle upstairs at Nans in the Champions League Final.

Top Stuff.

Feb 17, 2017
Not sure how accurate a computer game can be, depends who is putting the information in really. If they have 1300 researchers across the globe it might have some resemblance but who knows. With out seeing everyones p60 difficult to say, not unfeasible though if thats taking everyone into account. I believe Carey is on around 5000 and jervis was on around 2000 (from the player) the rest would be speculation.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
If this is what it's going to be like for "news" in the close season, roll on August!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Modern day click bait for the herald.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Knibbsworth":23nh5xk0 said:
The Herald's obsession with Football Manager as a news story plummets to embarrassing new depths.

Wont be long until the transfer rumours start!

"Argyle sign £1m midfielder... (says Football Manager simulation)"

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Football Manager is renowned for analysing player performance and potential. They have scouts watching games across the world to input the best possible player data they can. This covers things like technical ability, mental attributes, physicality, personality traits etc.

As detailed as all this information is it is purely the input of independent football scouts. They have no more inside track on financial information that you or I. The game's budgets would be pure speculation; i.e. we were a promoted side at the start of the year, no major financial backing, only a few years recovered financial meltdown and above average L2 gate receipts in the years prior. All of this creating a best guess at 16th highest. The estimated budget would then be shared out among the players on another best guess basis; Carey being our most valuable player, signing a new deal with rumored interest from the Championship for example would have placed him as the highest earner in the game for us.

Nothing special, no big scoop, surprising the Herald even ran a story from this...Actually it probably isn't that surprising :facepalm:

Jan 6, 2004
Standards of local journalism have plummeted to an alarming degree over the last decade. The paper now seems to be written by teenagers/interns/first jobbers that seem to not even know the first principles of journalism (such as printing this story as fact with no confirmatory sources whatsoever).

Also much of it seem to be advertorial these days - which can be the only explanation I can think of for the endless articles about branches of fast food chains. Were it not for Argyle I would not even bother visiting the Herald site any more.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Green_Flash":34jwvd46 said:
Standards of local journalism have plummeted to an alarming degree over the last decade. The paper now seems to be written by teenagers/interns/first jobbers that seem to not even know the first principles of journalism (such as printing this story as fact with no confirmatory sources whatsoever).

Also much of it seem to be advertorial these days - which can be the only explanation I can think of for the endless articles about branches of fast food chains. Were it not for Argyle I would not even bother visiting the Herald site any more.

People stopped buying papers and started using the internet. Local papers are trying to adapt, and unfortunately, these buzzword articles get clicks, which gets money.

Jan 6, 2004
That is a likely explanation PlymOdi yes, but by ditching decent journalism in favour of click-bait, in the long run, these papers will have even less reason to exist.

May 8, 2011
Green_Flash":cxbx0sbw said:

The difference now is that they spend all their time in an office searching the internet, apart from the days that they attend Home Park for a press conference or a match I doubt if they leave their desks.
You would have thought at times of interest they may get up to Home Park to snoop around.
An example being last July when the players reported back for training, by waiting outside Home Park to see if Carey turned up, rather than waiting to find out by Argyle tweeting it, and then reporting the tweet.