Atmosphere at Exeter | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Atmosphere at Exeter

B

bandwagon

dazzy3000":1zsmoynx said:
Lundan Cabbie":1zsmoynx said:
Fergy":1zsmoynx said:

A definite lack of colour in that group. Are they not proud to wear green anymore?

A definite lack of point in that post. Are you not proud to make meaningful comments anymore?

Would love to hear what the bill was for that over reaction - if someone said it wiped out any profit on the receipts, would not surpise me at all!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
dazzy3000":15pjsd5v said:
Lundan Cabbie":15pjsd5v said:
Fergy":15pjsd5v said:

A definite lack of colour in that group. Are they not proud to wear green anymore?

A definite lack of point in that post. Are you not proud to make meaningful comments anymore?

1.) Although you may look down on our rivalry, I imagine some weren't keen on showing their colours in the event of trouble arising.
2.) It was freezing cold, are coats and jackets not allowed?
3.) The away end and rain.

A

argyle dude

bandwagon":b4ye26yi said:
dazzy3000":b4ye26yi said:
Lundan Cabbie":b4ye26yi said:
Fergy":b4ye26yi said:

Would love to hear what the bill was for that over reaction - if someone said it wiped out any profit on the receipts, would not surpise me at all!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

None what so ever, they can only charge the club for policing costs inside the ground.

Feb 21, 2011
Exeter end was pretty lively after they scored and their bouncy bit looked pretty good as a large portion in the middle of the stand was getting into it, helps that its an antiquated terrace but then i wish ours was too.
Atmosphere was subdued in the Argyle end as we werent getting any chances to speak of until Fletch Pulled Conner and Griff and put on Chadders and Feeno who brought us energy and commitment with no shortage of professional guile.The away end was buzzing from that point on and the goal brought massive celebrations akin to Hemmings winner at Rovers almost a year ago.

H

Helston_Green

Their bouncy thing looked pretty impressive, must have been around 50 of them doing it, just a shame we could barely make out the words of what they were singing.

Too many seperate chants starting around the away end, need to find a way of congregating the main singers together next time.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Helston_Green":19xb2iml said:
Their bouncy thing looked pretty impressive, must have been around 50 of them doing it, just a shame we could barely make out the words of what they were singing.

Too many seperate chants starting around the away end, need to find a way of congregating the main singers together next time.

The words are 'If you don't f***ing bounce, if you don't f***ing bounce then you're a green!

B

bandwagon

argyle_dude":1r64dshx said:
bandwagon":1r64dshx said:
dazzy3000":1r64dshx said:
Lundan Cabbie":1r64dshx said:
Fergy":1r64dshx said:

None what so ever, they can only charge the club for policing costs inside the ground.

Sorry, I thought that the club had to pay - blimey tax payers will be happy then!! :doh:

H

Helston_Green

Fergy":3kdtpuwh said:
Helston_Green":3kdtpuwh said:

The words are 'If you don't f***ing bounce, if you don't f***ing bounce then you're a green!

Looked a lot better than it sounded, sounded like one long mumble. poo noise in a poo ground.

Feb 21, 2011
Helston_Green":dubpdnov said:

Lol just accept there were a few hundred doing it, no doubt FV would be better at it were we in the playoff zone but sadly circumstances are currently working against.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
bandwagon":14x6s2uk said:
argyle_dude":14x6s2uk said:
bandwagon":14x6s2uk said:
dazzy3000":14x6s2uk said:
Lundan Cabbie":14x6s2uk said:
Fergy":14x6s2uk said:

Sorry, I thought that the club had to pay - blimey tax payers will be happy then!! :doh:

Not so. D+C police can charge the ground for any contagion policing. For example ECFC would have to pay for the South Wales donkeys and the extra man/woman power required. Effectively, if the police decide they need 100 police at St Davids station as a result of the football match, then the club has to pay. Same at Home Park. I remember JB saying before the season that if plod want to put patrols on the A38 for a game, the club has to pay. Same with Zoo Corner, closing that reduces policing costs (but that's inside the ground policing).

B

bandwagon

Cerbera":srzj6ffu said:
bandwagon":srzj6ffu said:
argyle_dude":srzj6ffu said:
bandwagon":srzj6ffu said:
dazzy3000":srzj6ffu said:
Lundan Cabbie":srzj6ffu said:
Fergy":srzj6ffu said:

Not so. D+C police can charge the ground for any contagion policing. For example ECFC would have to pay for the South Wales donkeys and the extra man/woman power required. Effectively, if the police decide they need 100 police at St Davids station as a result of the football match, then the club has to pay. Same at Home Park. I remember JB saying before the season that if plod want to put patrols on the A38 for a game, the club has to pay. Same with Zoo Corner, closing that reduces policing costs (but that's inside the ground policing).

Perhaps I was right first time then - more to the point I thought it was over the top and helicopter? I suppose it will be the same down our place for our 2 Devon home games - bet this side of football is hard to explain to Mr Brent!!

Nov 4, 2012
How are you supposed to generate noise in an away terrace which is 5 rows high and has no roof? All roofless stands are crap, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Yeovil all crap atmospheres when I have been.

The atmosphere will be much better at home park in April.