Atmosphere at Exeter | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Atmosphere at Exeter

Oct 10, 2012
Our last league game vs Exeter had an awful atmosphere as all the 'singers' were spread out. This time can all the singers stand together? In the corner by the Flybe stand?

Oct 10, 2012
Hope not, the atmosphere was awful in the league game. If we all stand together we should make a good atmosphere!

Jan 26, 2012
Atmosphere at exeter is crap because it is all season ticket holders, and most of the london following and northern following who go to only away games can't be there to make it a good atmosphere.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Johnson":1mruljgr said:
Our last league game vs Exeter had an awful atmosphere as all the 'singers' were spread out. This time can all the singers stand together? In the corner by the Flybe stand?

Why don't you all sing?

Jul 29, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":efkamrdt said:
Johnson":efkamrdt said:

Why don't you all sing?

And there, in a nutshell, is the flaw in the whole FV 'orchestrated support' thing. Singing and chanting is supposed to be spontaneous, if folk want to sing, they will.

It'll be like walking into church......"will sir be singing today?, would sir care for a hymn book?"

Pathetic, let it be organic. And if the atmosphere does turn out to be sh*t then how's about blaming the many lame defeats and awful entertainment on offer this season rather than the chuffing seating arrangements :doh:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
X Isle":3cf0pa6a said:
Lundan Cabbie":3cf0pa6a said:
Johnson":3cf0pa6a said:

Why don't you all sing?

And there, in a nutshell, is the flaw in the whole FV 'orchestrated support' thing. Singing and chanting is supposed to be spontaneous, if folk want to sing, they will.

It'll be like walking into church......"will sir be singing today?, would sir care for a hymn book?"

Pathetic, let it be organic. And if the atmosphere does turn out to be sh*t then how's about blaming the many lame defeats and awful entertainment on offer this season rather than the chuffing seating arrangements :doh:

Then again those who complain about a lack of atmoshpere yet fail to join in themselves when the opportunity arises should IMO keep it zipped.

If you don't sing or chant then I'm afraid you have no right to complain when the atmosphere isn't to your liking. This culture of "I want change but somebody else has to change it for me" is a problem, maybe FV aren't spontaneous enough, maybe they are orchestrated but Chris Webb was once again the man to put his head above the crowd and say "if you want some atmosphere, we'll give you some atmosphere". It was always going to seem a bit forced in the begining, how else can you get a fanbase not prone to chanting to then go ahead and chant? The only way is to give them somewhere to chant and give little push and in time hopefully a chanting culture will then develop.

Those moaning that FV isn't good enough that still insist that Home Park isn't loud enough should think for a moment, on the one-hand they want some songs flowing around Home Park yet on the other hand they refuse to accept a group specifically set-up to begin the songs they so desperately campaign for. The only other alternative would be to start a chant themselves, if you think FV isn't sponatneous enough then do something about it, try starting your own chant, try showing the FV boys what it means to sing it loud for Argyle, just don't complain when the atmosphere isn't good enough yet you yourself did nothing to fix that...

If I'm honest, I'm not keen on FV it isn't really my scene but then again I'm not the one moaning that the atmosphere isn't/wasn't good enough. If I was really that bothered then I'd stand up and try and get something going, if it didn't work then I'd have a moan that nobody joined in but at least I tried and at least then I would have solid grounds to say that spontaneity is drowned out by a majority of "sit and watch" supporters. As it stands however people aren't trying to start things and yet they come on here moaning that it ain't good enough, well if it ain't good enough then do something about it...

Jul 29, 2010
It's the way the problem is addressed. It's much simpler just to accept that when we had a good team, noise and engagement wasn't a problem but now we have a pish team the enthusiasm to sing about how we're 'by far the greatest team......." is going to be somewhat diminished.

The way to get proper noise and engagement going again is to give fans something on the pitch to get noisey and engaged with, not hand out tambourines and sheet music.

So no, it's not contradictory to rue the absence of GENUINE atmosphere and shudder at the thought of CONTRIVED atmosphere because they are not the same thing. A £10,000 Rolex from Switzerland is not the same as a £10 Rollex from Hong Kong.

Feb 21, 2011
Genuine atmosphere died when Block 16 and the Mayflower were for differing reasons closed, thankyou Mr justice Taylor, the FA and Mr Risdale .

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Would be nice to have something to shout about please Fletch. A boring 2 - 0 defeat isn't going to make for a good atmosphere.

Lets get it up um early and take the game to the sh1tty not merely put 10 men behind the ball and hope we can hang on for 90 mins.

Rather lose 4 - 3 trying than the normal poo you serve up CF

Dec 19, 2008
I posted a picture in a thread recently and I remember the day very clearly - the atmosphere was great that day - probably the best day I've witnessed at Home Park. The reason for this was that we were already promoted, the stadium was sold out, we had players we were very proud of, we won the game and the league, our manager was a hero, we scored goals, the end making most noise (now a family enclosure) was full of supporters who didn't have folders on internet forums where they decide on songs and flags and streamers and the entire club was successful from top to bottom, we didn't have a PASB, a fan as a president, supporters sitting in the director's box, fanfests or Forze Verde back then.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
hairy j":2f3pjuhq said:
I posted a picture in a thread recently and I remember the day very clearly - the atmosphere was great that day - probably the best day I've witnessed at Home Park. The reason for this was that we were already promoted, the stadium was sold out, we had players we were very proud of, we won the game and the league, our manager was a hero, we scored goals, the end making most noise (now a family enclosure) was full of supporters who didn't have folders on internet forums where they decide on songs and flags and streamers and the entire club was successful from top to bottom, we didn't have a PASB, a fan as a president, supporters sitting in the director's box, fanfests or Forze Verde back then.

Amen brother! But the world turns and you can never go backwards.