Artell. “We should have won that by a distance” | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Artell. “We should have won that by a distance”

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I thought that the one by Fadz was definitely a penalty, the contact was clear from where I was sat. Maybe the ref thought the player was looking for it, or he simply didn’t see it and got no help from his assistant. However, for Artell to say they should have won easily is rubbish. Argyle were far the better team for the first twenty minutes and for large parts of the second half. Two good teams and he’s just hurting because we’ve done the double over them.

Rather than slate the ref for doing his best in difficult conditions, he should question how his top scorer contrived to miss a chance that most of the little kids playing the five a side at half time, would have tucked away like little Tynan's. I guess I’ve seen worse misses, but usually where it looks easier to convert than it actually was, like Telford's. Yesterday's was a simple tap in, laid on a plate. He should have been able to score with his eyes shut. Maybe they were!

Jun 27, 2019
I thought I'd go onto their forum to see what they thought about their manager's comments, but there's more action in a nun's convent than there is on there.

Tinpot.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Have watched it back a few times. Don't think it's a pen. I would be asking for it if it was for Argyle, but I think their lad leaves his leg dangling to make contact, rather than Fadz taking him out.

C

Cult Of Personality

Thanks for the 6 points off Crewe this season..

Byeeeeeee

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Lobster":3hj9qb0q said:
Have watched it back a few times. Don't think it's a pen. I would be asking for it if it was for Argyle, but I think their lad leaves his leg dangling to make contact, rather than Fadz taking him out.

Yes, that was my feeling at the time.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Keen Green":a3pa8c6d said:
Fergy":a3pa8c6d said:
Delusional.

Yeah, Mr Artell, if your Auntie had bollocks she'd be your uncle, get over it!

:scarf: :scarf:

Not necessarily in this day and age.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
WoodsyGreen":362cbirw said:
I thought I'd go onto their forum to see what they thought about their manager's comments, but there's more action in a nun's convent than there is on there.

Tinpot.

I often try to do that but it only endorses how brilliant this site is compared to other such forums.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Army green":282pfcpp said:
We really do ride our luck in a lot of games, Teams create so many chances against us, really good chances. It’s only down to poor finishing that lets us off. We won’t get away with it in league one.

We also create a lot of opportunities. That’s our style, that’s the way we play, risk and reward. We aren’t getting lucky, we deserve to be where we are.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’ve watched the Crewe penalty shout back a few times. I might be in a minority but I don’t think it’s a foul. If you only view it once at full speed then yes, most would probably say penalty, but slow it down and watch it carefully. The forward flicks his leg back towards Fadz to initiate contact, he could have easily advanced but he chose to simulate enough contact to go down. Contact in the box isn’t always a penalty, particularly if initiated by the attacker. Well done referee.

Sep 2, 2008
PL2 3DQ":1vwrw5vs said:
Poor comments, a sore loser.

I like it when players/staff are sore after losing. Having said that as the manager he should try to have some sort of balance in his comments. I noticed at the final whistle that their captain Perry Ng pushed Lowe away when he went up to shake his hand. A bit unprofessional but shows some real heart.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Something happened up there with Ng, but I can't remember what it was.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Cobi Budge":maymrcyp said:
I’ve watched the Crewe penalty shout back a few times. I might be in a minority but I don’t think it’s a foul. If you only view it once at full speed then yes, most would probably say penalty, but slow it down and watch it carefully. The forward flicks his leg back towards Fadz to initiate contact, he could have easily advanced but he chose to simulate enough contact to go down. Contact in the box isn’t always a penalty, particularly if initiated by the attacker. Well done referee.

Still haven’t seen a recording yet Cobi. Do you think the player should have got a yellow for simulation then?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":ywlwc4py said:
Something happened up there with Ng, but I can't remember what it was.

Ng and Mayor were niggling all afternoon and after whistle went and we'd won 3-0, Mayor pushed Ng who hit deck as though a sniper had shot him. Few players got involved. Think ref booked both from memory.