Artell. “We should have won that by a distance” | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Artell. “We should have won that by a distance”

Oct 31, 2015
Agree with him in some ways. Not sure they should have been clear by half time but Fadz tackle was a pen and fudge knows what his top scorer was doing miss that goal.

A drwa would have been a fair result but is wasn't. We said that about us a few times this season..

Suck it up buttercup

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Just checked on BBC sport, and they've looked at the appeal and awarded the points to Crewe. :clap:

Oh no, i'm talking bullsh*t again. We won 2-1. Miss of the season (decade) will live long in the memory. Ha Ha. :funny:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I know not everyone on here buys into stats, but the expected goals for today's game was Argyle 2.4 - Crewe 0.9.

So Artell is chatting nonsense.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Bitter sod.

Can’t recall a ‘better’ miss at Home Park than that oppo one today. Wonder whether he twisted his knickers over that one.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Nobby":3h97si69 said:
I know not everyone on here buys into stats, but the expected goals for today's game was Argyle 2.4 - Crewe 0.9.

Rounding to the nearest goal would give a scoreline of 2-1. Funny that!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":15o7u3tr said:
Nobby":15o7u3tr said:

If seen these expected goal stats mentioned elsewhere. Where can I find them?

https://experimental361.com/category/di ... /league-2/

Lots of weekly L2 stats. Although incidentally, based on expected goals we’re overachieving. Shows we a) ride our luck defensively sometimes and b) have Individual quality in the attacking third.

Aug 5, 2016
Nobby":8ebecjbb said:

They missed literally an open goal, had a stonewall penalty turned down and hit the post in added time.

Not sure what Argyle did which warranted nearly 3 x more 'expected' goals than that. Everyone in Home Park certainly expected Porter to score!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
simon1argyle":1972n09p said:
What a (Edited by admin - not on this forum!)
Class and humility doesn't cost anything

The irony

Mar 8, 2016
We really do ride our luck in a lot of games, Teams create so many chances against us, really good chances. It’s only down to poor finishing that lets us off. We won’t get away with it in league one.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Didn’t artell say similar things after the 3-0 opening day result ? In fact in all of his post match interviews (as seen on the EFL programme as they seem to give Crewe more airtime) than most) he never ever gives the opposition any credit. A trainee Mourinho ? We did get lucky today though in another narrow win after Newport and Salford and that’s why I maintain that at the end of the season 4th rather than 3rd is more likely as luck will even itself out.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":g4yvyhjw said:
Nobby":g4yvyhjw said:

They missed literally an open goal, had a stonewall penalty turned down and hit the post in added time.

Not sure what Argyle did which warranted nearly 3 x more 'expected' goals than that. Everyone in Home Park certainly expected Porter to score!

Having the pen turned down wouldn’t show in a metric such as xG as it’s not a chance on goal. Likewise the shot that hit the post would not score highly as it was a ridiculous angle through a crowded box making it highly unlikely to go in.

Jephcott’s header was unmarked 6 yards out, so would have a higher xG than Pickering‘S 20 yard finish.

I don’t know exactly how it works but it’s generally a pretty accurate stat, particularly over a course of games. Teams who outperform their xG tend to get found out.

Jan 6, 2004
His comments are over the top but without doubt they should have had a penalty. At the time I though ours was doubtful but the replays are inconclusive. Their other penalty shout was not a penalty and he undermines himself by saying they should have had two

But the real reason they didn’t get a point is the worst miss I have e seen in 35 years of going to Home Park