Arni's reception by the Green Army... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Arni's reception by the Green Army...

Feb 26, 2011
Will it be good or bad? Personally if i were there i would clap the guy. A top player and a top bloke I have spoken to him a few times when he was he and was always happy to chat. Would love to see him in Green again. :scarf:

Feb 26, 2011
He signed for them at the begining of the season just looked back on Rotherham player when they signed him and Roy really rates him and said that he was the one player he really wanted in. Not heard much about him though through the season.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Liked him as a player, but he sticks out in my mind as one of the few who refused to have his wages deferred - is that right?

Is it correct that Kari made no personal sacrifice at all to saving the club?

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Hopefully he'll go un-noticed, he often did as a player - that said, probably scored the best i've seen by any Argyle player in a Decade. (MK Away)

Feb 26, 2011
ejh":1irkrnbc said:
Liked him as a player, but he sticks out in my mind as one of the few who refused to have his wages deferred - is that right?

If you were not paid your wages for a number of months with promises of gettiing them soon and then nothing turned up be a little up set as well?

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
The vast majority of other Argyle players sacrificed their immediate personal security to contribute to the saving of the club.

I won't criticise Kari for his choice, it was his to make as a professional; let's just say I respect those who made the sacrifice a lot more than those who didn't.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Voice_of_Reason":fr4157mx said:
Hopefully he'll go un-noticed, he often did as a player - that said, probably scored the best i've seen by any Argyle player in a Decade. (MK Away)

Some belters scored that night! Arni's was godly though!

Aug 28, 2012
Sam Barker":2gh52shg said:
He scored another worldy for Aberdeen last season too!

Come on Sam .... no goal scored against a Scottish goalkeeper is a worldy .... just a standard goal !!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
daveburns1985":24uquvo4 said:
ejh":24uquvo4 said:

If you were not paid your wages for a number of months with promises of gettiing them soon and then nothing turned up be a little up set as well?

6 months unpaid...

Jul 29, 2010
Never really warmed to him as a player, didn't endear himself to me with his actions in our darkest hour. If I was there I wouldn't boo but I think supportive chants or clapping would be a bit out of order given there are players at Home Park who chose a DIFFERENT more UNIFIED path last year. What message would applauding a splitter give to them?.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
You obviously didn't see the outstanding game that Kari played at Cardiff a few years ago.The one where he played centre half,kept a clean sheet,and we won the game in the last minute, thanks to a deflected Gary Sawyer cross.at the end Kari gave his shirt to a young Argyle fan.The iceman played for no wages the same as many others at the time and should be repected.I knew him quite well and just a pity I wont be there tomorrow.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":5hy972n8 said:
Never really warmed to him as a player, didn't endear himself to me with his actions in our darkest hour. If I was there I wouldn't boo but I think supportive chants or clapping would be a bit out of order given there are players at Home Park who chose a DIFFERENT more UNIFIED path last year. What message would applauding a splitter give to them?.
Come on Smiffy what would the man in your avatar say about a man wanting his wages after 7 months unpaid?

That's not even sarcastic, more of a genuine point about his workers rights.