Argyle vs Bristol Rovers Thread (locked) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Bristol Rovers Thread (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Don't really get the chance to go as often as I would like so I'm absolutely buzzing for this match. Lots of family coming with me too.

I'm thinking Argyle nabbing the points, 3-2. Neither team have control of the game and all goals are 'scrappy' except for the winner being a moment of magic from Carey.

Sep 6, 2006
Pilgrim61":koqmo2pi said:
The fact we have the hardest run in on paper is a plus....better to be playing teams higher than lower.

Great reception for Coggy but going home pointless.

That makes no sense at all

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Balham_Green":18dfdnij said:
Pilgrim61":18dfdnij said:
The fact we have the hardest run in on paper is a plus....better to be playing teams higher than lower.

I've always had the perception that we raise our game for the teams higher in the league and often 'do an Argyle' and balls it up against the teams at the bottom.

Maybe thats what was meant?

Problem with this season is, there isn't really a midtable section with nothing to play for so there are no easy games against teams that have got the sandals on in April.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
In terms of raising our game against the best sides, that may have been the case in previous seasons, but this season we've shown we're good at beating the poorer sides particularly at home, but we don't have enough to do it against the top 6 or 7. I think most sides are finding that the case this season, there's a definite gulf in quality (and money) between the top 6 and most of the league.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Cobi Budge":11dmsexv said:
In terms of raising our game against the best sides, that may have been the case in previous seasons, but this season we've shown we're good at beating the poorer sides particularly at home, but we don't have enough to do it against the top 6 or 7. I think most sides are finding that the case this season, there's a definite gulf in quality (and money) between the top 6 and most of the league.

Absolutely, Cobi. The BBC article below tends to make a similar point.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47631739

Jan 2, 2010
Is this the longest ever match thread to appear before the game has even kicked off? Some of the on the day ones don't get this long!

May 16, 2016
Shadowknight":1zvmtrx7 said:
Is this the longest ever match thread to appear before the game has even kicked off? Some of the on the day ones don't get this long!

Unless we lose !!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":369pagt7 said:
Pilgrim61":369pagt7 said:

Probably the one and only time I agree with you ..

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":2scr48mr said:
Balham_Green":2scr48mr said:
Pilgrim61":2scr48mr said:

Probably the one and only time I agree with you ..

That concerns me greatly. Will have to reconsider.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Shadowknight":2zo010g5 said:

The proper match thread will start on Saturday and this thread will be locked.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Adams has confirmed that Letheren has returned to training but Macey is starting today. On recent form, he's earned the right to keep his place anyway imo.

Macey

ASB
Jones
Canavan
Sawyer

Fox
Songo'o

Carey
Sarcevic
Lameiras

Ladapo

Subs: Letheren, Edwards, Riley, Ness, Anderson, Taylor, Fletcher.

I think we'll scrape a 1-1. Ladapo to do what he does against bottom half teams at Home Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.