Argyle v Barnsley match thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Barnsley match thread

Oct 14, 2015
“ Derek Adams makes a triple substitution in the 80th minute, with Ruben Lameiras one of the players to be taken off.

That is not a popular move with some of the Green Army who aim chants of ‘You don’t know what you are doing’ towards the Pilgrims’ boss“

Oct 16, 2016
What a mess, it’s really sad to see.

I didn’t go today, I never miss home matches but I just didn’t want to spoil a weekend. I’ll be at Stanley next week and home the week after, hopefully Argyle can swerve the drop but it’s been a hideous season on the pitch, huge fun off it

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
[iframe][/iframe]Tactics- not working

Training- not working

Player recruitment- not working

Youth development- not working

All other things Argyle that Adams seems to be in control of- clearly not working anywhere and hasn’t since his miraculous appointment of head of all things football.

He’s a fluke type of manager that buys himself time with purple patches that have little influence by anything he’s actually done.

The players are beat, the support is almost beat and still we get the fresh faced manager and club telling us to endure more punishment because we’ve committed ourselves in an almost roulette style gamble with everything on the table.

Theres leadership here but no leaders for our specific plight/fight.

FWIW there’s still something inside me saying we may still be ok with the last 2 games. The other heinous, bitter side of me says we should get relegated because we’ve been god awful and deserving of it. The club, manager and players should be held accountable towards it but ultimately it’s the supporters that suffer the most.

If Argyle was a curry right now it would b a watery mass of tomatoes with a half squashed garlic bulb, raw uncooked spice and hard tasteless rice served up with a warm pint of pee poor beer. It’ll fill you up but you’ll probably feel ill every time you eat it and won’t want it again.

Unfortunately it’s the only curry dish in town and the owners keep saying they’ll try harder next time they cook it. Unfortunately the same ingredients are always used and is cooked by a chef who overseas the whole restaurant and in unsackable.

May 22, 2006
Tugboat":3ein9h6d said:
[iframe][/iframe]Tactics- not working

Training- not working

Player recruitment- not working

Youth development- not working

All other things Argyle that Adams seems to be in control of- clearly not working anywhere and hasn’t since his miraculous appointment of head of all things football.

He’s a fluke type of manager that buys himself time with purple patches that have little influence by anything he’s actually done.

The players are beat, the support is almost beat and still we get the fresh faced manager and club telling us to endure more punishment because we’ve committed ourselves in an almost roulette style gamble with everything on the table.

Theres leadership here but no leaders for our specific plight/fight.

FWIW there’s still something inside me saying we may still be ok with the last 2 games. The other heinous, bitter side of me says we should get relegated because we’ve been god awful and deserving of it. The club, manager and players should be held accountable towards it but ultimately it’s the supporters that suffer the most.

If Argyle was a curry right now it would b a watery mass of tomatoes with a half squashed garlic bulb, raw uncooked spice and hard tasteless rice served up with a warm pint of pi$$ poor beer. It’ll fill you up but you’ll probably feel ill every time you eat it and won’t want it again.

Unfortunately it’s the only curry dish in town and the owners keep saying they’ll try harder next time they cook it. Unfortunately the same ingredients are always used and is cooked by a chef who overseas the whole restaurant and in unsackable.

And when the waiter comes to the table, too many of the customers grin through the tears and say "this is lovely!" because they support the chef and not the restaurant.

Aug 10, 2006
Cobi Budge":1ssyfkv2 said:
Players given a heroes reception down the tunnel at HT.

We have a very weird fan base.
how true cobi watching them at the final whistle clapping why ? you can boo nothing will happen to you.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I've seen some dross in my 54+ years but that is up there with the drossiest!! Barnsley must be so happy to be able to play a good warm up training game and give some subs a good run out before their next game which will probably be against an actual Div 1 team.

As for booing off the manager? He comes off with that arrogant smug swagger, clapping the fans?? WTF??!!
Provocative in my view tho' some feel that he can do no wrong :angel:
Looked like he is anticipating a nice pay off, good holiday, then a comfy job back beyond The Wall. Nairn Nightwalkers FC? Wick Wildings FC? :facepalm:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
dazzy3000":2j9oh8ia said:
Tbf Barnsley have been quality. May as well write this game off, last two games are what will decide our fate.
The way we're playing Accy and Scunthorpe will have a field day against us, and we will go down. Sad times to be an Argyle fan. :sad:

May 26, 2015
Bristol Rich":2q4fepig said:
Argyle-sy":2q4fepig said:
Bermudian Green":2q4fepig said:
Argyle-sy":2q4fepig said:
Spineless from the board to the players, welcome to Plymouth Arcoroporate FC, stand is going to look nice and shiny in league 2 next season. Yes the old lady needed doing, but not at the expense of the team which many would say it clearly has been.

The money wasn't taken from the team, the loan was made for the purpose of redeveloping the stand.

League position would suggest otherwise.Look at the grandstand, and then look at the players that Adams has been able to bring in, he had a very low budget hence the "quality" of players signed in the summer and January, anyone believing otherwise is ignoring what league position, and results dictate

He had 25 pros on the book at the start of the season. He signed 3 full backs and 3 centre backs none of whom played today. Stop this nonsense about budget, it's pathetic.

Agree absolutely!