Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Please, please can we continue with this commentator on Argyle TV from now on. This is what football commentary should be not the usual waffle we get subjected to! Whoever this is, thank you, you have done a great job 👏
The problem is, the usual commentator is fine when you are watching on TV, because you can see where the ball is. But when it is audio only - it’s shocking. I have no idea where the action is. Today was much better

Reactions: Green of the North
Jan 6, 2004
We need separate commentary for tv and audio, radio style commentary when watching on tv is irritating too. They should take Radio Devon for audio and use their own commentary for video. This would then leave the argyle tv commentator and guest free to just comment and discuss and not half heartedly try to describe every play but then forget to do it half the time which succeeds in irritating everybody watching and listening.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The app doesn’t seem to be giving the audio option in the Argyle TV section, and the listen live is blanked out on the match screen.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Anyone else having issues with Argyle tv audio feed. Doesn’t appear to show on the app?

Yep, could be because I’m not signed in. Which is another issue with the app, it doesn’t remember you so you keep on having to sign back in.

Edit… that’s not it, have signed in with settings and still not appearing.

Jul 12, 2021
Same here. I can find a 'Watch or Listen' link, but it does nothing. I deleted and reinstalled the app, signed in again, but no joy.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It works if you go the actual Argyle website, but sort of defeats the point of having the app.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Sorry. There is an issue with the APP live audio and video feeds today, it's being worked on.

No issues on the main site, or mobile version of the site for listening / watching.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Strangely it worked perfectly for me on the app today, radio Devon coverage was superb, full of emotion and feel, albeit agonising when that equaliser went in.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The video feed was poor, as it was Wigan's ifollow feed they kept wanting to show replays of great Wigan plays, so they missed some actual play which confused the Argyle commentators as they were getting the same feed.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
The video feed was poor, as it was Wigan's ifollow feed they kept wanting to show replays of great Wigan plays, so they missed some actual play which confused the Argyle commentators as they were getting the same feed.
Agree was terrible. We fed back to the EFL at half time, and I felt the second half was a bit better.

JY

Reactions: Ottawa Green

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Strangely it worked perfectly for me on the app today, radio Devon coverage was superb, full of emotion and feel, albeit agonising when that equaliser went in.

Was there Radio Devon commentary on the Argyle TV audio feed?

Sep 22, 2003
Argyle advertised for a commentator for the audio stream. Presumably. No one was appointed and we have been stuck with a
'Visual' commentary only.
They are two different skills and requirements.

Even when watching, I find myself getting annoyed when there is action that could lead to something and there is a little chat going on.

A few weeks ago, the second half had just started and a chat ensued that should have taken place during the halftime break.
I find the summaries insightful but please cut them short when there's action. The same goes for video replays.

Last edited: