Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The whole of iFollow did I believe.
Flipped over to Crewe. Theirs seemed to be working.... couldn't watch as not a Crewe account holder (why not? I hear you ask)...
I stand to be corrected and certainly not having a pop at the club...these things happen.

Jan 6, 2004
It is not the clubs fault it is whoever is providing the service to them. But I will be expecting a refund, and I would expect the service provider to reimburse the club for that.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
The comments I would make are....

1. When you pay to watch a match on the website, there is no acknowledgement on the site that you have paid and have access (in fact the website still offers you the chance to buy the live stream and will let you pay twice). The link to the livestream is also well hidden away, which is very confusing. Sometimes I don't know if my payment has gone through and I can never seem to find the link to watch the game.

2. They may as well use the Radio Devon commentary for the audio stream. Its better.

Agree on both fronts.

As for point 2, yes, and sadly there's no chance of it improving until whoever made the decision to keep the commentary team from travelling to away games changes his/her mind. I'd even rather just have the home comms, if at least it was live from the ground. Nothing against our comm team necessarily, it must be a thankless task trying to do it off a monitor / laptop with a shoddy one camera broadcast.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Flipped over to Crewe. Theirs seemed to be working.... couldn't watch as not a Crewe account holder (why not? I hear you ask)...
I stand to be corrected and certainly not having a pop at the club...these things happen.
All of ifollow went down as I looked on a few different channels.

Argyle would have been receiving their pictures from Crewe ifollow.

Feb 8, 2019
The website completely crashed for me but I was able to switch and stream the rest of the game through the argyle app no problem.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
All of ifollow went down as I looked on a few different channels.

Argyle would have been receiving their pictures from Crewe ifollow.
Crewe stream was working throughout Daz.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Crewe stream was working throughout Daz.
On the TV/web or app mate?

None of the other channels were working on ifollow on the web mate.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
I know it's frustrating for everyone but could have been any number of reasons it went down. Let's at least give the club a chance to explain what happened and put it right before we're too critical...

Reactions: boletus edulis

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
When the stream on my laptop crashed i went onto my Argyle App & was able to listen to the rest of the game- yes it is frustrating & the club will be disappointed
No doubt they will put a statement out regarding why it happened- but sometimes things happen that they have no control over

Jan 22, 2016
Not surprised at the moans. For a virtually brand new service, there have been very few teething problems. The weekly content is brilliant also.

I wouldn’t be worried about receiving a refund for tonight’s game, but understand we are all in different circumstances.

Reactions: Redruth Boy