Areas to strengthen | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Areas to strengthen

Aug 2, 2011
The second half of this season has seen us get a pretty good back 4 in place. Wotton and Walton have given some backbone to the midfield however there has been little or no creativity coming from the midfield and that has to be addressed. Chadwick and Macdonald have worked hard both up front and in Macdonald's case covering back. Certainly would like to keep Macdonald for his work rate but we are desperate for a striker who puts the ball in the net. Chadwick/Feeney have not done this neither have any of the other combinations we seen up front.

Hopefully assuming we do stay up a bit of reorganisation and a review of the salary structure will enable so money/wages go towards the key area of weakness ie agoa
Scorer and some creativity I the midfield. :scarf:

Mar 23, 2008
Graham Cox":27u1m6nf said:
I think the 2 main ingredients for getting out of league 2 are Pace and thuggery. A bit short on pace at the moment.
Good call! Although i have to say many of the pacier players at this level seem inconsistant and lack end product ala Daley and Hemmings. Then again thats evident at the top level if you look at people like Walcott and Lennon.

Mar 1, 2008
For all the plaudits for Ashley Hemmings he has failed to get an assist so far this season. Young, Lennox and MacDonald have just one assist apiece. And our joint highest assister, Bhasera, has 3 to his name. 6 assists in total between our wingers, not a good return. If there was one position I would be looking to recruit, a wide midfielder would be it.

Mar 23, 2008
evil_dave86":xmxrcxg2 said:
For all the plaudits for Ashley Hemmings he has failed to get an assist so far this season. Young, Lennox and MacDonald have just one assist apiece. And our joint highest assister, Bhasera, has 3 to his name. 6 assists in total between our wingers, not a good return. If there was one position I would be looking to recruit, a wide midfielder would be it.
Really? Im sure Hemmings put in the cross for Chadders goal against Northampton.

B

Ben Gifford

Deacster":27x8u2kk said:
evil_dave86":27x8u2kk said:
Really? Im sure Hemmings put in the cross for Chadders goal against Northampton.

Correct! Almost his first touch!

C

Connor Clarke

A creative midfielder and a striker who can score 15-20 goals a season.

Mar 1, 2008
Deacster":t5g4di8b said:
evil_dave86":t5g4di8b said:

Here's my source: LINK

BBC has Hourihane as the assister for that goal: LINK

Feb 21, 2011
Nick Prideaux":3bbrlgty said:
Definitely need someone who can net 20+ goals a season. Rest of the team is very strong.
Everyone needs one of them, unfortunately they are few and far between.

G

Gullscorer

Certainly you don't need pots of money. A few shrewd signings, a manager who can motivate and get the best from his players, fitness and training, teamwork and team spirit, effort and determination.

Follow Torquay's example: we don't have the greatest strike force, but our defence and midfield have some quality players, so we play a system which makes best use of our strengths, and goals can come from anywhere in the team, enough to give us loads of 1-0 wins.

Best of luck to Argyle for next season; promotion to League One..