Areas to strengthen | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Areas to strengthen

S

Starbucks

What areas of the team would you like to see strengthened next season?

Also realistically what players would you like to see signed for the positions needed?

For me I think we need a new striker! Perhaps Ben Tomlinson from Macclesfield should they go down

Feb 21, 2011
Keeper, central mid playmaker and a fox in the box striker to strengthen our starting 11.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
CM and forwards.

For me Chadwick and lecointe can stay. Feeney poses little goalmouth threat Althou what he does do is partly effective I'd rather the wages be spent on 2 strikers who want goals.
Loan signings will disappear no doubt and out of them I'd like macdonald.

We are lacking a commanding CM with an ability to dictate a game. Able to defend as well as start am attacking move. A Nalis type of player.

If we have to spend any money on just one position this has to be the key area for strengthening.

All other positions have reasonable ability and have proven there worth.

Mar 2, 2008
I agree with Tugboat, CM is the priortiy.

GK : Cole Backup: Larrieu

LB: Bhasera (if he stays) Backup: Williams (IF he loses about 2 stone during the
summer) else new left back.

RB: Berry Backup: New player? Bignot would be handy if available
though

CB: Purse/Blanchard Backup: Nelson, Plus new player?

LM: Hemmings? Backup: Bhasera? OR new player

MIDFIELD:
I expect Wotton and Walton to still be with us. However, I would like at least one creative central midfielder/scoring midfielder to join. Young, Hemmings (if hes available). Lennon can also cover both wings.

ATTACK
Chadwick, Feeney as backup, MacDonald again if available? Lecointe/Sims as backup.
Add a tried and trusted striker who knows where the net is.

Discard:

Daley, Williams (dependant on above), Hourihane.

C

Colonel Kurtz

I'd say the entire midfield and strikers. The midfield isn't creative or mobile enough and our strikers aren't renowned for troubling double figures. Out of the loanees I'd try to keep MacDonald, but chances are probably slim.

Jan 26, 2012
In an ideal world; Messi, Rooney, Pique, Xavi, Gerrard and while we're there might as well snap up Ballotelli when he's released by Mancini. :whistle:

Jul 2, 2010
Plymouth
1) An attacking, or at least a creative midfielder. Who can do the technical work and let Walton or Wotton do the "dirty" job, which is their style of play. We would be very lucky to sign one worth mentioning IMO though. Hopefully Young can be nurtured into this, but even next season would probably be too much too soon for him to have a prolonged and season changing impact.

2) A striker, goal poacher. Doesn't have to be a hard worker, just has to get the job done in the 18 yards box. I wouldn't mind another "useless" or "lazy" player like BWP... :facepalm: If we keep Chadders or Feeno (or both) it isn't a centreforward who puts in the effort that we need. Again though, I think we would be lucky to claim one, either on a permanent or a loan basis.

The two positions we are crying out for, are unfortunately the two positions which will cost the most money. Add our location, and our League position, and I think a team of scrappers with everyone chipping in with the odd goal is more likely.

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Goalkeeper, still not convinced by Jake Cole despite a couple of superb saves of late - he just doesn't command his area like a goalie should.

Central attacking midfielder, would like to see Luke Young given a chance in there.

Winger, would like to see us get Ashley Hemmings from Wolves as he's out of contract.

We are not going to be team scoring goals from all departments a la Sturrock Mk 1, so we need a striker that will bang in 20 a season. Unfortunately, they don't come cheap.

G

Graham Cox

I think the 2 main ingredients for getting out of league 2 are Pace and thuggery. A bit short on pace at the moment.