Are there now too many women covering men's sport | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Are there now too many women covering men's sport

Apr 16, 2016
No - I think it's maybe because many (older) men like looking at pretty young women - maybe it still is 1978 after all !

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Living in Doha, I often watch Bein Sports and a lot of the football is presented by Keys and Gray and blimey, they are bad! I don't remember them being quite that bad during the heady days at Sky, but they are hard to watch now. Keys seems to think he knows the ins and outs of being a top professional footballer, and as such feels the need to offer his own views on absolutely everything. He's often then made to look a fool by the actual ex pros. Gray is not quite as bad, but it's clear that his punditry belongs in about 1998 as analysis has moved on a lot. Still, at least they have Jason McAteer to help sometimes...:eek:

Reactions: Jon with no H

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Living in Doha, I often watch Bein Sports and a lot of the football is presented by Keys and Gray and blimey, they are bad! I don't remember them being quite that bad during the heady days at Sky, but they are hard to watch now. Keys seems to think he knows the ins and outs of being a top professional footballer, and as such feels the need to offer his own views on absolutely everything. He's often then made to look a fool by the actual ex pros. Gray is not quite as bad, but it's clear that his punditry belongs in about 1998 as analysis has moved on a lot. Still, at least they have Jason McAteer to help sometimes...:eek:
Have you heard the Football Cliches podcast? They do Keys & Grey corner every week, it never disappoints.

• Haha
Reactions: jespafc
Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
I find the main difference is the banter between the men . There are comments made by the men which they wouldn't make to a woman.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
A lot of the time it isn't based on merit
Nonsense. The women in these roles have put in far more time and effort into getting relevant qualifications to give themselves the best chance of getting these roles, whereas male ex-players can often just walk into them without any relevant qualifications. The women in these roles are there because they deserve to be there.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Nonsense. The women in these roles have put in far more time and effort into getting relevant qualifications to give themselves the best chance of getting these roles, whereas male ex-players can often just walk into them without any relevant qualifications. The women in these roles are there because they deserve to be there.
Yes, you just need to look back through the years and recall how many complete bozos have had top pundit/co-commentator/live match reporting jobs based entirely on their football careers and fan recognition with no thought seemingly given to how good they might actually have been at the job. You can imagine the 'interview process' consisting of a sesh down the pub.

Reactions: boletus edulis
Dec 19, 2020
Stafford
Have you listened to Sue Smith on sky??