Any news on incoming | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Any news on incoming

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Daz":2cfqdj0n said:
buck197":2cfqdj0n said:
Just maybe the players we are interested in, are on the shopping list of other clubs and these players are pondering their options and what’s best for them. Of course if we offer £10k per week then I’m sure we will get takers but our location and financial position means we are not the first choice of a lot of the available players.

Some common sense. :clap:

Of course that doesn't explain how there has already been 73 player movement in this league!!!

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
PilgrimZ1R":ss6n622q said:
As ever the majority of players on the move will hold out until the final days of the window, keeping their options open.

I wouldn’t expect to see anyone come in until the final couple of days,

That’s just the way it is for us in the SW outpost!

Of course that doesn't explain how there has already been 73 player movement in this league!!!

Jul 29, 2010
73 clubs ultra keen to offload?

73 desperate players scared they won't get other offers?

There's two ways of looking at things y'know, one of them requires a look at the bigger picture, some rational thought, some patience, and yes, some stout knees.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Irrespective of whether we should be recruiting now or holding out until later in the month, one thing that struck me when the SSN tracker was showing League 1 last night was how many transfers were "undisclosed fee". Now this may not mean much (i.e. Blisset was only £15k), but it was the first transfer window in a while that i have seen this rather than free transfers all the time.

Nov 22, 2006
I'm not going to sit here and pretend the lack business that we are doing is not frustrating, but I do think people need to remember sometimes players that DA has marked down as his first choices to make us better, may not have us down as there first choice and may be waiting and taking a chance on other clubs further up north wanting them, it's frustrating and I would only want players who want to be here to come here, but unfortunately the ones who want to come here as there first choice aren't always the ones who will make us a better team, we just have to be patient and hope DA can get the ones he wants to come down here, to come down here still another 19 days to go :scarf: :scarf:

Aug 5, 2016
ealinggreen":2e102zow said:
Not sure how you can blame Adams re transfers.It is quite clear that he identified the right targets Doyle etc.They didnt come opting for better deals elsewhere,he was forced to sign the leftovers.Given our financial restrictions,I think he is doing a remarkable job.Compare him with the guy at Fleetwood,he appears to have the financial clout which allows him to compete for any sensible target and has a stockpile of strikers yet they are hardly doing any better than us.Just my opinion but if Adams had Fleetwoods finances we would be challenging near the top.

Well said. Too many fans have ridiculous expectations of what a manager can do with a side of League Two freebies and contract nomads from Scotland. Diagouraga was the only player Adams has been allowed to sign with genuine outstanding League One pedigree, and within a few months he's already gone.

The fact Adams has these players averaging over two points a game since the Fleetwood defeat is quite remarkable.

Aug 5, 2016
Mark Pedlar":32oqi8c7 said:
ealinggreen":32oqi8c7 said:
Not sure how you can blame Adams re transfers.It is quite clear that he identified the right targets Doyle etc.They didnt come opting for better deals elsewhere,he was forced to sign the leftovers.Given our financial restrictions,I think he is doing a remarkable job.Compare him with the guy at Fleetwood,he appears to have the financial clout which allows him to compete for any sensible target and has a stockpile of strikers yet they are hardly doing any better than us.Just my opinion but if Adams had Fleetwoods finances we would be challenging near the top.

The counter to that of course is if the money given to Adams had been given to someone else we could have been in the guaranteed promotion places.

If my aunt had balls.....

You must be referring to the £15,000 club record transfer fee for Nathan Blissett, as I don't remember too much other 'money given to Adams'.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Middlesbrough are looking to loan out striker George Miller to a L1 or L2 club.
He was at Wrexham earlier this season and didn't score but scored 8 goals for Bury in League One last season.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Knibbsworth":3ntetwn5 said:
Mark Pedlar":3ntetwn5 said:
ealinggreen":3ntetwn5 said:

The counter to that of course is if the money given to Adams had been given to someone else we could have been in the guaranteed promotion places.

If my aunt had balls.....

You must be referring to the £15,000 club record transfer fee for Nathan Blissett, as I don't remember too much other 'money given to Adams'.

Blimey. didn't realise the players were playing for free.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I would much rather Adams took the time to fully appraise what is on the market than dive in now and potentially sign a dud.

With big wage players like Ciftci and Toums leaving, rumours of others like Blissett leaving too we're building a healthy chunk of our wage budget to offer bigger name players. Again I would much rather we spent early January offloading to get a higher quality player or two later in the month, equally I would rather we offloaded first rather than gamble on players leaving and ending up lumbered when moves fall through.

We aren't adrift at the bottom anymore, we don't need to panic buy to save our season. Our upturn in form has bought us the invaluable gift of time, if Adams uses that to bring in the right players now we can hopefully guarantee survival ASAP with players he thinks will get us higher up the league next year.

Apr 29, 2016
Why do people keep posting the same over and over again on different threads. DA has already said that he has a striker lined up but temporarily he can’t be released as that players club is negotiating with someone else. Not sure if some actually understand how transfers work. You don’t go to an available supermarket on day one and get someone off the shelf. And as for Toums he came to us on a short-term contract to put himself in the shop window. We used each other over the past few months and he’s moved on. Get over it and just chill you can make a panic signing in the first week of the window as well as in the last. Give DA the opportunity to get his desired man and give him a break!

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1sg96nh8 said:
Offers made it seems.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... rs-1062111

Another comment 're budget at the bottom of article that may lead to the usual debate breaking out on here.

It doesn't actually say budget though does it? He could be referencing the players or other teams that are a lot larger than us with big budgets or sugar daddies.

Neither know the true answer so don't add up 2&2 and get 5.

Oct 31, 2015
Not sure about anyone else but with all the outs, no ins and now the rumours about Taylor Im very worried about the lack on incoming.

It just feels like the fire sale time we had in the championship (to a lesser extent) All the good work over December could be undone in a couple of weeks.

I appreciate there may things happening but lack of ins is cause for concern

I hope im wrong