Andrew Brownsword | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andrew Brownsword

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
Just spoke to a friend who was at the game and apparently the name Andrew Broadsword was being bounded about at being in advanced negotiations about buying the club. Any truth and any connection with the club or the city?

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Just read this on the "Just Back" thread...

Who or what is Andrew Broadsword? Quick Google searches leave me completely confused.

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Now it's Brownsword?

That makes Google less confusing! :D

Jun 1, 2007
Whitleigh
leep33":2mfyktcx said:
Never heard of him, has he got money?

Pots, according to Google, His company developed the "Forever Friends" Teddy Bear cards, sold to Hallmark Cards for Ā£195 million, He has Westcoutry connections with a holiday home in Devon and lives in Bath and London. Recently sold Bath Rugby Club and is reportedly looking for another Westcountry sporting investment. So here's hoping.

Mark Colling

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
These rumours seem to be gaining momentum but I suspect they are just fuelling themselves?

I remain skeptical but as we all know Ridsdale chooses his words VERY carefully and he did say none of the potential investors (assuming they exist at all) had any experience in running a FOOTBALL club.

Mind you, even with Ridsdale, there must be occassions when there is nothing to read between the lines? What? He said he'd like tea not coffee? What does that mean? Is the new owner Chinese rather than Columbian?

B

Bath_Green

As well as being a season ticket holder at Argyle also a season ticket holder at Bath Rugby.

No idea whether the rumour true or not. Brownsword is very well respected in Bath. Funded the losses at the club for a good many years due to ground restrictions at the Rec. But as Rugby has a salary cap the biggest loss in recent years I think was Ā£750k - so small in comparison to our issues.

He felt he could not take Bath Rugby to the next level so sold in 2010 to a guy called Bruce Craig who is a billionaire.

Nobody I know in Bat has a bad word to say about Brownsword, but given the reasons he left Bath would be surprised if a football club was on his priority list!

Sep 15, 2010
Wherever the money is
The club should have been seeking out a guy like this after the last promotion.
Maybe now, with Ridsdale's experience, we might at last be getting the exposure we need.
PAFC has the greatest potential of any club in England to develop a new and strong fanbase, provided the owner has enough imagination and money to bring the all important belief.
If we'd had someone like him when Pulis & Holloway were here, we could now be right up there.
Still, it's never too late.

B

bandwagon

Bath_Green":2az4dzzc said:
As well as being a season ticket holder at Argyle also a season ticket holder at Bath Rugby.

No idea whether the rumour true or not. Brownsword is very well respected in Bath. Funded the losses at the club for a good many years due to ground restrictions at the Rec. But as Rugby has a salary cap the biggest loss in recent years I think was Ā£750k - so small in comparison to our issues.

He felt he could not take Bath Rugby to the next level so sold in 2010 to a guy called Bruce Craig who is a billionaire.

Nobody I know in Bat has a bad word to say about Brownsword, but given the reasons he left Bath would be surprised if a football club was on his priority list!

Been to the London Irish and Leeds games this season - never been to a pro rugby game before that!! Great day out and easy by train for me - pubs up there are expensive but brill!! The Raven, Boater and Rising Sun are mustard!!